Treat/Film night

Mrs Doddy

1 pink 1 blue
Reaction score
Does anyone do this with their kids ? DD is nearly 4 and I was thinking about introducing this on a sat night, where we could put ds to be and let her stay up a bit later to watch a film with us with a treat she could choose from the shop in the day.

Albeit she has this weird thing that she will not watch Disney or any other dvd only her Doc McStuffins dvd :wacko: yet she will watch anything at the cinema !!1 if you get that dvd she wont watch it !!!

its been a bit hard since ds arrived to have 1-1 time with her that's fun so I thought it would be a nice thing to do

Does anyone do this with their kids ? DD is nearly 4 and I was thinking about introducing this on a sat night, where we could put ds to be and let her stay up a bit later to watch a film with us with a treat she could choose from the shop in the day.

Albeit she has this weird thing that she will not watch Disney or any other dvd only her Doc McStuffins dvd :wacko: yet she will watch anything at the cinema !!1 if you get that dvd she wont watch it !!!

its been a bit hard since ds arrived to have 1-1 time with her that's fun so I thought it would be a nice thing to do

We do this but it's generally a treat afternoon, as DD really likes her sleep and if i keep her up on a Saturday night then she will still wake early on Sunday morning and be tired for days! She's starting school so we can't have her tired before the week has even started.

On the Saturday afternoon we suggest places to go but usually she likes a DVD with some sweets or an icecream (if it's not too close to tea time).

I'm hoping in another year or so she would cope better with a little less sleep and so she could stay up a bit later on a Saturday. At the moment she's in bed by 7.30pm

We do similar sometimes. We have an early dinner, close the curtains and lie on the couch with the duvets watching films and eating :)

I say later when I did it last night she was still in bed by 7.45 !

We do this every Friday night and honestly, it's my favourite part of the week. We chose some sweets and other treats and draw the curtains, recline the sofa and off we go! Occasionally we'll buy a dvd but usually it's a film I've recorded on sky or a dvd we already have. We both really look forward to it and it really kicks off our weekend in the right way. I put the film on about 6 so it's all over and in bed by 8 (late enough for Harry!).
Would definitely recommend it! X

Yep we do this with the boys and they LOVE our movie nights! I get snacks and we all cuddle up on the couch together

I really look forward to being able to do this, tbh I don't know why we haven't yet I think DS1 still gets a bit bored to sit and watch one film from start to finish with his toys tantalising him. I don't think I would put him to bed any later though, we're quite strict with bed time and hubby and I like the downtime together, but I would do it in the afternoon. I know what you mean about one on one time though, hubby is taking DS1 to a preview of Planes 2 in London this weekend, they're both so excited lol especially as DH has to wear uniform so DS is going to feel very special, if it goes well we will probably take it in turns to take him to the cinema as a treat, it was always my favourite thing as a child (still is now tbh!!)

I really look forward to being able to do this, tbh I don't know why we haven't yet I think DS1 still gets a bit bored to sit and watch one film from start to finish with his toys tantalising him. I don't think I would put him to bed any later though, we're quite strict with bed time and hubby and I like the downtime together, but I would do it in the afternoon. I know what you mean about one on one time though, hubby is taking DS1 to a preview of Planes 2 in London this weekend, they're both so excited lol especially as DH has to wear uniform so DS is going to feel very special, if it goes well we will probably take it in turns to take him to the cinema as a treat, it was always my favourite thing as a child (still is now tbh!!)

we just took the boys to see Planes 2 over the weekend, your son will love it! It was very cute:)

You can always start off "movie" afternoons at home with just some of the shorter cartoons on TV, with some snacks on the couch.

we just took the boys to see Planes 2 over the weekend, your son will love it! It was very cute:)

You can always start off "movie" afternoons at home with just some of the shorter cartoons on TV, with some snacks on the couch.

Oh that's good to hear :) it's not out until the 8th of August here but hubby is Air Force so they do a screening for us, I can't go this year but we went last year and it was fun but DS was only 2 and 10 months so he should really enjoy the whole thing much more this year, gutted I can't go. Great idea about cartoons, I think even DS2 would like that as he likes any excuse for cuddles lol.

We kinda do this nightly- not a full movie, and the treat is just healthy snacks in mommy/daddys room while we watch a show ;) But it's our "family" time each night before LO goes to bed. Our days are so busy- so to get upstairs early around 7pm, then have time to just relax together before bed is lovely. I actually hate missing it when something comes up (on the off occassion we have other plans).

We've only just started this since LO got a big bigger. She doesn't watch much TV during the day (if at all when we can help it). So I figure she get's that time with us and occasionally we'll pick up a new DVD to watch since most kid movies are about 1 1/2 hr anyway... :) it's even better the off nights our teenager can join- but she works so much lately, we are lucky to get that once a week (IF).

So yeah- I think it sounds lovely!

We do once every few months. ... We get treats and the kids get the duvets off their beds and lay on the floor.

It sounds nice, but my nearly 4.5 year old doesn't like to sleep so we can't usually get him in bed until 9 at the earliest as it is and he doesn't have the patience to watch a movie. 30 min or so and he's running around like a lunatic. If your child is nothing like mine, it'd probably work a lot better. :haha:

fri night is movie night every week here too - they are all tired from school etc and me work so we put a film, have tea in front of the telly and away we go ........still in bed by 7 usually but its a nice wind down

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->