trouble finding birth center

Annemk

Reaction score
So my husband and I are TTC. I've been looking around for a while for a midwife birth center and cant seem to find one. Well...I found on the was about an hour away. AND the road we would take to get there has a lot of construction going on. So, traffic is always backed up. I'm not to crazy about possibly being in labor and stuck in traffic...
I'm in St. Charles Il. is there anyone out there near me that knows of a good place not to far away??
I'm starting to think maybe a home birth wouldn't be so bad. We live in an extremely old apartment that is very tiny. the walls are so thin that I can listen to my neighbors conversation. I would just feel bad making them listen to my labor pains. That's really the only reason I'm hesitant to have a home birth.

You wouldn't necessarily be loud. And you could always let them know ahead of time that it's nothing to worry about if they hear anything. Maybe keep them sweet by getting OH to drop round some cookies or something. ;) You may also like to look into hypnosis (Natal Hypnotherapy, Hypnobabies, Hypnobirthing) to keep you calm and relaxed. x

I couldn't find a birth center in my city either and had had terrible experiences with the hospitals! I was desperate UNTIL I heard about the baby friendly hospital registry. I would recommend looking it up and seeing if any of the hospitals in your area qualify as "baby friendly". those hospitals have low C-section rates, encourage rooming in and breast feeding and the nursing staff is trained not to push interventions or pain relief and they have to offer labor options like tubs and birthing balls. I found one close to me and it's AWESOME. You can even had a midwife instead of a doctor. It was so worth looking into! I'd been DREADING having to go to a hospital

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->