trouble with number 2s

mummy2anangel

Reaction score
hi everyone, my little boy is 5 years old. he was potty trained very successfully at 2 year old. a few months ago he suffered from a bout of constipation which resluted in him ripping his bottom when he finally went to the toilet. doctors gave me lactuloose and some anaesthetic cream to numb his bottom and heal the tear. hes no longer constipated but hes now pooing in his pants, this has been going on for about a month now and is getting really out of hand. i think its fear with him more than anything but hes at full time school and we cant go on like this, ive threw numerous pairs of pants and trousers out and im finidng it very embarassing. ive tried everything even resorting to bribery to get him to use the toilet again but its not helping please help

Poor wee guy. I would say ask him if anything's bothering him and see what he says. Also a reward chart - this helped with my son. He was peeing himself at school - embarrassing... it turned out he once got lost coming back from the toilet at school, and that put him off going! So we spoke to the teacher about that and did a star chart for each day he was dry.

back to doctors babes maybe and reward chart is good for their age with stars and if they keep to it a reward at the end :)

he reckons nothings wrong with him ,had him to docs today and he said hell grow out of it, tried to phone health visitor but hes too old for them now so ill get him a reward chart and see if that works thnks :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->