trying not to go into labour

77Tulips

Reaction score
My midwife is away until the 10th (8 more sleeps) and I really don't want to go into labour without her. I have her back-up, my OB, and the high risk team who I know most of, I have also got to know many of the labour ward staff over the course of my last three pregnancies I just really want her there.

The last few days I've had on/off irregular contractions and just been generally achy. I really don't want to go into labour yet any tips? I'm drinking lots of water, resting and trying not to do too much but I have 3 busy boys and a house to run.

Any ideas?

I'm afraid that when the your body wants to go into labour, that's it! Not much you can do to stop it. There isn't really much you can do. I hope your babies stay put until it suits! :)

I know :) I'm just being hopeful, all my others I went into labour on my due date so I'm hoping even though it's twins that they aren't in a hurry.

In my experience just trying to rest as much as possible is probably your best course of action.

Last year when I was expecting Eddy, he was due on the 17th May - right in the middle of hubby's exams. His last exam was on the 24th, and I was so stressed about the possibility of going into labour I would try my best to do very little, and if I got a bout of BH's I would sit down and drink a glass of water.

My slow labour started on the 24th, just as hubby left for his exam. I didn't tell him, and I'm glad I didn't as it lasted 3 days! lol From him getting home from that exam we were on full eviction duty and he eventually came! lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->