Trying to conceive after a D & C

hels100

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm pretty new to this, but I would appreciate any advice that you can give.

I was fortunate enough to give birth to a healthy little girl in March 2010. The birth was deemed 'normal', however I would not class it this way. I was told I was further on than I actually was - told 9cm dilated, was actually about 3. My waters hadn't broken at this point. I was taken to delivery and told to start pushing, several times I was told I wasn't doing it right or hard enough. So I pushed for three hours, before they found out the truth. Hindsight now tells me that I wasn't ready for pushing - I did have the urge to push, but being my first I didn't know what that felt like, so I did as I was told. I then had pethedin to slow my labour down, before having my waters broken and going through the trauma of the doctor turning my baby around inside me, as she was facing up not down to make the normal birth easier. She is healthy, so I thank the medical staff for that.

So the reason I am saying this is because it could be a reason why I can't conceive now. My periods after my daughters birth were regular and normal for me. However, my pelvic floors are not likely to ever recover fully!!

In February this year, I experienced an incomplete miscarriage. I was bleeding constantly, with clots, for about 2 1/2 hours before going to A&E, where I lost a further 2 litres of blood and eventually had a D & C. I had two blood transfusions after the op, however still had a very low blood count when I left hospital and took iron tablets for 4 months afterwards.

Since all of this, I have not had regular periods. They have been heavy, clotty, painful and short, lasting about 2/3 days.

That's the background - what I want to know is if my labour and miscarriage could have led to traumas in my womb? My theory is that the delivery of my child may have left scars/scar tissue which may have led to the extreme bleeding of the incomplete miscarriage? It may just be completely daft, but is it worth asking at the docs? Or am I losing my marbles?

Thanks for listening / reading! xx

Sorry I didn't want to read and run but I'm afraid I don't think I can help you. Have you tried to go to the doctor? I think they are the best option at this time.

Good luck!!

XX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"