Trying to conceive when still breastfeeding

Jodielois

Reaction score
Just hoping to hear from some ladies who got caught pregnant when still feeding there little ones.

My little girl is 15 months and over the last week ive cut out her day feed so she has a feed when she wakes, at bedtime and once or twice through the night. I really want another baby but my periods still haven't returned! ! Be great to hear that some have you have been succesful when in a similar situation. Thanks xx

Hi. My periods returned after 9 months with both my sons. We were ttc straight away but it took a whole 18 months after my periods returned to conceive DS2, after having him we decided fairly quickly we'd like another so started trying right away, again periods didn't return for 9 months and then it took a further 6 months to conceive this baby.
Was breastfeeding the whole time, DS1 did feed a lot so that may have contributed to it taking so long to conceive DS2. But it affects everyone differently, I've heard most people drop the night feeds and then fertility returns straight away. This didn't seem to be the case for me, but maybe just unlucky!

My cycle came back at 14.5 months and have been TTC since then, no luck yet but we are hopeful!

I became pregnant with DS2, DS3, and DD4 all while continuing to breastfeed. The age gaps are 17 months, 26 months, and 25 months. Hopefully your AF is on her way soon!

I became pregnant at 18 months with this one, my periods returned at 8 months. We had an early loss at 15 months as well. We were not trying until 18 months, so I can't say it just took us that long that is just when we decided to try and it worked right away. DS was still nursing a lot.

I got my first period 1 month pp. My son will be 3 months on Friday and I'm 8 weeks pregnant :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->