• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Trying to concieve and anti depressants

babyoneill

mother to Amber and Lexie and Jack
Reaction score
Anyone here trying to concieve taking or partner taking anti depressants my partner is on duluxetine 60mg we have been trying for 7 months

Anyone here trying to concieve taking or partner taking anti depressants my partner is on duluxetine 60mg we have been trying for 7 months

DH is on aniexty/Depression medication. Lexapro? i believe.. not too sure he doesnt like the fact he has to "Take a pill" everyday, and doesnt really tell me the names. i just got a BFP on Sunday and it was our 6th cycle of trying. the only thing i seen when researching that that SSRI's can cause sperm counts be to be lower but not all the time

Thank you there hope yet congrats on your bfp

When I conceived my second baby, my partner was taking antidepressants. It took us a while 10-12 months I would think although I wasn’t tracking it so much but we got there 🙂
Good luck x

Yes, one of my five was conceived while OH was on antidepressants for pain relief (I mention that it was for therapeutic use because depression might affect TTC for either parent). We TTA while either of us are on any medications, but the baby turned out perfect and is 3 now. :) Like I said, we weren't TTC, but I was on the pill and breastfeeding second-born baby who was only 2 months old. So, 50mg of Zoloft/sertaline did not affect us, and neither did the darned BC pill. I hope you get your baby soon! It took us a few more cycles than usual to conceive our fourth-born, and I've heard that is a trend, although that's not scientific. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->