Trying to find a property rental-how do you get in there first before they go?!

B

Belle25

I thought this renting thing would be easy-saw our dream house. Well it had gone literally straight away and it seems to be a trend :dohh:

We are miles away too, so can't see any houses straight away.

I guess we are looking in a sought after area, so it's going to be hard, but if anyone has any tips please can you let me know?

We are looking at private renting btw.

Getting pretty stressed!

Xx

Register with all the agents in the area you are looking in. They will often phone you when new properties are coming on to the market.

Unless you can view quickly though, I'm afraid you may find that somebody will beat you to it. Good luck x

It really is just a case of viewing the properties as quickly as you can and if you like them being ready to go in with your chequebook and put down a deposit. We missed out on our dream rental house a couple of years ago despite being only the second people to view it- we viewed, said we loved it and were on our way to arrange to rent it. Got a call from the estate agent while we were on our way saying sorry, the first couple had just beat us to it!

When we look at right move u set it up so that we only see houses listed that day and check regularly throughout the day. (Get the ap) ring and organise a viewing at the earliest convenience and for hang about making a decision. Know what u are looking for and look at pictures of the place. Bring what u need to put down the deposit (cheque etc) with you to the viewing and be ready to say u want it pretty much there and then.

Looks like we are in for a bit of stress then!
Does anyone know if they would let us take a property without looking around? (we know what we are after)
Thinking if we could ring up, pay the deposit before someone beats us to it again!
Xx

We rented our house out to a man that was adamant he wanted it from pictures only. We advised him to view (as it is quite small), but he said he didn't need to view it - the pictures were adequate. So yes - you don't HAVE to view a property to take it, but viewing it will show you all the bits they DON'T put in the pictures (the pylong in the garden, the motorway right next door, the smell of the take-away shop from across the road, the noise from the neighbouring pub etc..)

We're going through this at the moment with buying and also had it with renting...It's so stressful when all you want is to make absolutely sure it's right, but you can't because someone else will snap it up if you don't make a move.

80% of what I call up for these days is "oh sorry, that's under offer"...well take it off your bloody website then! :dohh: :haha:

Hope you find it soon and don't feel too pressured.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->