• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Trying to get rid of the nipple shield

corgankidd

Soon to be mommy of three
Reaction score
Breastfeeding pros: My baby is 11 days old and I'm ready to ditch the nipple shield, however, even though she latches just fine she is constantly tugging at my nipple and seems restless while nursing, pulls off cries, relatches, tugs. When using the shield she peacefully suckles and falls asleep. Why is there such a big difference? Am I stuck using this shield forever or will she eventually be peaceful with bare boob? I've been feeding her without the shield today but If I want her to go to sleep I have to put the shield back on and nurse.

Omg we are in the exact same situation and I was just going to post the same thing! My baby is 2 weeks old today, but was born at 36 weeks. We started with the shield in the hospital and ever since BF has been going great.
Now though he only wants to nurse with it...he'll latch and suck for a feed without it but he doesn't relax or sleep...
I can't wait to get rid of the shield! I sure hope someone has some ideas :)
I've nursed 5 other kids, for close to 2 years each, and never used a shield or had any issues, so I have no idea what to do!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->