Trying to stop day time breastfeeds; 10 month old

dinosaur2010

Reaction score
My dd2 is just over 10 months. She is not really interested in solids. Tried many many finger foods- she will chew them and spit out. Tried jars of porridge, baby rice etc- she will sometimes have a few spoons then refuse. Tried homemade soups- these she likes so will have a small portion of. She is breastfed on demand throughout the day and doesn't go longer than 2.5 hours without a feed.
Today I'm starting to try and drop day time feeds and encourage her to eat solids. I want to stop feeding by the time she is 1.
So I've fed her at 8am when we woke up and she's just sleeping for her morning nap- luckily she naps in her pram so she was fine about no breastfeeds this morning.
Just after some support/advice/tips really on how this will work out! I will prob cave in and breastfeed her if she gets grumpy later I'm not very disciplined!
I was back working full time when my DD1 was 10 months but she took to solids really well and was on 3 meals a day and snacks by this time!

Hi, I came on here to look for similar advice!.... I have a 16 month old who is just so booby mad! My now 5 year old was only having a morn & eve feed by 11 months, and he stopped all together by 14 months.
This one will feed all day and night if she could!
I've recently stopped feeding in the night as I know she doesn't need any then. I try offering her a beaker of cows milk in the morn (she usually accepts if daddy give i

Sorry clicked too soon!

I've given in feeding her this morn as she cries and looks at me like like she doesn't understand why she can't have any!.... Heck, i don't even know why she can't have any! Except that, like you, it'd be nice for them to eat more solids!

I was actually trying to jump start my period as we want to ttc number 3 and actually after I managed to hold off for 5 hours yeaterday- my period came back last night so I don't know if that was a coincidence or if that made a difference as I've ready that a sudden change can jump start things!
I'd like to have a break sometimes too! I dream of going shopping or to get my hair done or something one afternoon just on my own! But there's no way I can do this unless I know LO won't go hungry!

Yeah i never thought about periods! I'm done having children so would happily never have another period :haha:.... But actually, rather that than a boob monster!

I went away for 2 nights last weekend and my boobs were rock hard and so so sore!.... It was like the time my milk 1st came in! I never want to go through that again!... My plan was to stop cold turkey when I got back but the combination of mighty painful boobs and a frustratred baby scratting at my chest was enough to give in! The relief was amazing!
Since stopping morn feed I have seen a big difference in her breakfast intake! Could you maybe offer boob 1st to quench the hunger, but bring her off before full so she'll still eat food?... Prob easier said than done!

How did you manage to go away for 2 nights? My LO feeds loads through the night I'd have no idea how she'd cope without it!

But I've got hen nights and my 30th birthday night away coming up within th next few months and I'd love to go away confident that she will be happy!

I was a bit nervous! My mum was looking after her.
She has neen having atleast one feed at night, but has also been known to be stroked back to sleep rather than be fed so I knew it was possible wothout me there.

She also accepts cows milk in a beaker happily when I'm not around, so I knew she'd cope better than I would haha!.... I just wished I'd taken a pump as it was so painful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->