TTC #1 after the pill

Fhope

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

So myself and my partner are currently TTC for our first bubba. I have just come of Cerezette after being on it for not even a full month, I switched straight over from Microgynon due to migraines and had been on that pill on and off since 2013.

I have seen so many horror stories on here about getting pregnant after the pill and I am already worried as my partner has been told he may find it difficult to reproduce due to a procedure he had done a few years ago.

Has anyone tried Pregnacare his & hers? If so any reviews and just any advice?!

I'm nervous and excited all at the same time and my OH can't wait to be a daddy, I just hope it's nice and simple for us.

Frankie x

I don't think coming off the pill affects your fertility, I think it affects the predictability of your cycle. You might want to start charting with your morning temps (the app Fertility Friend makes it easy) to get a sense of when you ovulate and how long your luteal phase is. Just to give you a sense of the variables - - it took 2 years after being on the pill for me to have regular cycles but I conceived with both of my pregnancies the first cycle TTC.

Thank you for your reply Eleonora! I feel like an alien, I don't know how to do the morning temps?!

My periods were regular when i wasn't using contraception so i'm hoping it will be that case this time around, fingers crossed!

Being on the pill can affect your cycles but it is different for everyone :) I have lots of friends who came off the pill and conceived straight away both with and without regular cycles.

It took 9 months after coming off the pill for us to conceive, however my periods were very irregular (had 1 normal 28 day cycle, then nothing for 3 months, then 2 in one month!). After 6 months of irregularity and TTC I visited the doctor and after tests it was discovered that I wasn't ovulating at all. We were told to have sex every 2-3 days to ensure there was a constant supply of sperm just in case I randomly released an egg and after 12 months we would be referred for fertility treatment to kick start ovulation, however after 9 months I had a very weird period, tested on spur of the moment and discovered my body had decided to release one random egg and I was 5 weeks pregnant!

The pill was blamed and I haven't gone back on it since the birth of my daughter 2 years ago so it can sort of affect your fertility as it stopped me ovulating and as I result I couldn't temp, or do ovulation kits or anything because there was nothing there to test.

After having my daughter my periods have gone back to regular cycles (except this month - typical ha!)

I would say if you're finding it difficult temping or working out when you're ovulating just have sex every 2-3 days until you can work out your own cycle :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->