• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TTC #1 hypothyroidism and iodine

tei

Reaction score
Hello everyone :flower:

Short question to the TTC girl that suffer with hypothyroidism.
Was your iodine intake doubled? Do you know anything about the subject?
I read everywhere that women who suffer of hypothyroidism and take iodine, will require a double dose when getting pregnant.

I currently take 150mcg iodine daily with my thyroid hormones, but i'm confused about needing to double the intake. Do we have to double it right now or after getting pregnant? as i know iodine is crucial to a good development of the baby in early pregnancy.

This matter is extremely stressing to me because it seems dr.s are so superficial about it. :(

I only take levothyroxine but I did have to increase the dose 50% when I got my positive test. Before I got pregnant, my dr worked me up to a dose that kept my TSH at 2.5 or under so it would make it optimal for TTC.

Wish I knew more on the iodine part of your question but I at least wanted to provide my experience about my meds.

Thank you very much for your input.
I'll make sure to ask my dr. as soon as i get a positive test.
I mentioned to both my physician and my gyneco hat i'm planning on getting pregnant, but nobody said anything about the iodine or doubling anything.

+when i bought my prenatal vitamin from pharmacy, the woman there asked me if i take levothyroxine with or without iodine and when i said with, she gave me the vitamins without iodine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->