TTC #1 Recently off BC, CD3 of 2nd cycle NEED BUDDIES

SamStormchase

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I came off Cilest on 5th Feb and had a bleed between 8th and 13th Feb, and am currently on my second bleed with horrible cramping and clots related to my body getting used to no fake hormones I think - cycle day 3 and looking for buddies in similar situation :)

I've just bought a ferning test kit and have been charting my BBTs etc since coming off the pill.

I am so broody right now and doing my hubby's head in I think. But I am 30 now, 31 in June and with my rare skin disorder I don't want to wait much longer to have a baby. Although there's no risks other than normal risks associated with pregnancy, I want to be as responsible as possible and have a baby while I am healthy and can be an active Mummy.

Also, annoyed I am bleeding when it's our 1st wedding anniversary tomorrow!

Anyway, please buddy up with me :) :flower:

Hey there! We're almost twins :D I'm going to be 30 in May and my first wedding anniversary is that month as well. I stopped the pill in mid January and have been temping and trying to figure out my cycle ever since.

My first cycle was 39 days. I didn't O and it ended with just a couple of very light flow days. This cycle FF really thought I O'd CD9 but at what would have been 18dpo I had a temp below the coverline and the crosshairs disappeared. Since I'd now be 20dpo with no AF and BFN, I'm guessing I'm having another anovulatory cycle. Sigh! I also had some crazy intense PMS-like symptoms CD21-25 (super emotional, increased appetite, insomnia) which, with my chart, really made me think I'd O'd but my body was just being a jerk it seems.

Anyhow, I'm kind of obsessed with TTC, which drives my DH crazy too! Just frustrating to be more than 2 months into this process and not have ovulated. I'd love to hear more about ferning tests since I don't know much about it. I've been using tons and tons of cheap OPKs.

If you want to join a big group of 30ish ladies TTC#1 I'm a part of this one https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/ttc-groups/2095853-30-yo-ttc-1-a.html so feel free to join. Or I think it'd be great to chat specifically with some girls struggling with cycles post birth control too!

Hey hun! I feel your pain, seriously - and how mad, I had some CRAZY ASS PMS symptoms too the first cycle after coming off bc. Some really bad - like I scared myself, it wasn't me - so angry and frustrated with the world, I was mean and horrible :(... so weird. I had what seemed to be 4 positive OVKs that cycle, but I don't know now, because as I was charting, my temps didn't coincide with it, and the chart got all confused and that just sent me crazy!

One of my best girlfriends told me about the ferning test, and I got one off Amazon and it came today. It seems really good. You just dab it on your tongue and wait for it to dry, put the microscope back in the tube and press a button which emits a light for you to examine your saliva, and atm, since I'm still on my period, there's hardly anything there, but when, hopefully, I ovulate this cycle (praying), it'll turn to partial ferning and then full ferning at most fertile - it shows what it looks like on the chart you get with the test. I'll use OVKs to use alongside it for the first couple of cycles I think, but after that I may just use the ferning and BBT tests, since OVKs are getting expensive!

Just type ferning test in Amazon, and it'll come up.

Thanks for showing me the group, I'll join - but yep, I'm chuffed you're there because after just coming off bc it's annoying as HELL not knowing what's going on. I was on Cilest.

Hugs to you :) ...

Yes! The PMS-like symptoms I had were out of control. I was crying every 30 minutes for no reason and beyond that I just felt super numb, like I had no energy to care about anything. Ugh. I guess it was just my hormones being off post birth control because I didn't even start AF after all that. Sorry to hear about your symptoms but it is good to know we're not alone, right? :)

That must be so frustrating to get false + OPKs. Do you think you had a LH surge so you got the + but because of things still being off maybe your body just didn't quite manage to O? In any case, how annoying. I can't wait to hear how the saliva microscope works out and how it compares to OPKs and your temps.

Right before I started AF last cycle I got the darkest OPK I've ever gotten (still not + but very close) and then AF started that evening. My doctor suggested using the expensive tests but I'm not quite ready to commit to that when I don't seem to be Oing at all. I ordered Vitex so I might start that at some point. I don't think I can stand a third anovulatory cycle.

Oh, and happy anniversary!

Yes! The PMS-like symptoms I had were out of control. I was crying every 30 minutes for no reason and beyond that I just felt super numb, like I had no energy to care about anything. Ugh. I guess it was just my hormones being off post birth control because I didn't even start AF after all that. Sorry to hear about your symptoms but it is good to know we're not alone, right? :)

That must be so frustrating to get false + OPKs. Do you think you had a LH surge so you got the + but because of things still being off maybe your body just didn't quite manage to O? In any case, how annoying. I can't wait to hear how the saliva microscope works out and how it compares to OPKs and your temps.

Right before I started AF last cycle I got the darkest OPK I've ever gotten (still not + but very close) and then AF started that evening. My doctor suggested using the expensive tests but I'm not quite ready to commit to that when I don't seem to be Oing at all. I ordered Vitex so I might start that at some point. I don't think I can stand a third anovulatory cycle.

Oh, and happy anniversary!

Hey Curiousowl. Firstly, thank you for the well wishes! I promised I'd let you know how the ferning test was going. Well, *wow* is all I can say right now. I am on CD8, and on CD 6 I saw it start to transition to partial ferning. I've been taking pics with my hubby. Today, unmistakably, the entire portion of saliva that was on the lens was covered in ferns. And, the test coincides well with my BBTs and OVKs. I am yet to do an OVK today, but I expect the line to be DARK. The first few days as expected it was non-existent, same goes for no ferning, then as the ferns began to appear, the line became faint on the OVK, then yesterday it was slightly darker. So, as I say, today I hope and expect it to be really dark.

I'll keep you informed. If you want me to keep you informed privately and/or if that's best for the forum, let me know.

Hugs to you and yours xx

Attachments

• 2014-3-28 FullFern close up.jpg
    2014-3-28 FullFern close up.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 2
That's so great that the ferning tests seem to be working! Did you get confirmation with a temperature shift? Definitely keep me posted here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->