TTC #1|Recently Stopped BC Advice/Support

towwife14

Reaction score
Hi Ladies!

My DH and I have decided after and early miscarriage last cycle that is time to start our family. :hangwashing:

This past pregnancy wasn't planned at all, however, it helped us realize we're ready. I was actually on BC and he was pulling out. (oops). :winkwink::winkwink:

Anyway, after getting a very faint positive on a First Response on 5/5 and I stopped taking my BC only to get a negative on 5/7. :blush::sad2:

We made the decision to start trying after that, so I never started taking my BC again, and on 5/13 I had bleeding that was very much like my periods before I started taking the pill. The typical heavy bleeding for 2 days and then completely done in 5 days.

Last night we BD for the first time. I'm really hoping that everthing goes back to normal and it won't take us long at all.

Is anyone else in the same boat or does anyone have an advise to offer up? A support system would be great. We could all go though this together.

Hi!

Not completely in the same boat as you, but pretty close. I came off of BC in February when we decided to start TTC our first. I was on BC for a long time but I seem to be ovulating and having regular periods again.

I think the best advice I got was to read the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility and to begin temping. It really helped me relearn my body and to guide us when to BD and all that.

Wishing you lots of luck and sending baby dust your way! :dust:

Deciding to start trying is such an exciting thing! I'm way too excited haha! Thank you for the kind words of advice and baby Dust to you as well!

It's so exciting!

I forgot to mention apps that help with charting! Fertility Friend seems to be the most popular to use. You'll see a lot of women who have their charts in their signatures around here. I personally use both FF (Fertility Friend) and Ovia Fertility.

Ooooo I just started using Ovia this cycle! I really like that one. I've found it has some really helpful information.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->