TTC #1. Wants water birth/considering home birth

Roembke88

Reaction score
I am TTC baby #1. I want a water birth. I wont settle for anything else. The hospital where I would deliver offer labor in the tub but not birthing in the tub! I did not know that before I found my Dr. & She is great! So Ive been considering home birth. We have a big whirlpool tub at home, would I be able to use that or would I have to get an actually birthing tub. & how would I find a mid wife willing to drive to my house? I see my Dr 30 minutes from where I live. I do not care for the OBGYN's that are here in the town I live in. So Im just confused on the whole process. Help please!

Hmm...
I wonder if one option would be to labor in the tub...and then when you get the urge to push, don't tell anybody...and then just push the baby out in the water when they're not looking. Seriously!

Also, something to consider: from what I've read, many people "plan" a water birth (I am!) but then when it comes down to it, they get uncomfortable and end up getting out and push on dry land anyway. It all comes down to following your instincts and doing what feels best in the moment.

You MIGHT want to consider a home birth - you can birth YOUR way without being subjected to rules and stipulations.

Good luck. I hope you are able to conceive soon!!

Hmm...
I wonder if one option would be to labor in the tub...and then when you get the urge to push, don't tell anybody...and then just push the baby out in the water when they're not looking. Seriously!

Also, something to consider: from what I've read, many people "plan" a water birth (I am!) but then when it comes down to it, they get uncomfortable and end up getting out and push on dry land anyway. It all comes down to following your instincts and doing what feels best in the moment.

You MIGHT want to consider a home birth - you can birth YOUR way without being subjected to rules and stipulations.

Good luck. I hope you are able to conceive soon!!

Thank you.. I really have considered just pushing in the tub anyways... What would they do? kick me out of the hospital???? :haha:

I doubt they'd kick you out, but they would be pressuring you to move or berating you... Do you really want that moment and those first minutes with that? It dies sound like a hb with a midwife you choose would be worth considering :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->