Ttc #1

pitufina

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm new to the forums and wanted to say hello. I don't know all of the acronyms yet, so forgive me!

We are TTC our first and this is our third cycle.

I had been on BC (Levora) for 8 years before discontinuing in December. Had spotting for a few days shortly after stopping. We've BD'd every day since discontinuing BC. February 26th I started day 1 of cycle again :cry:

From reading many forums and websites, I know many have been trying for years to conceive, so we've only just started. But BDing for several months every single day (not even trying to time around O) and not conceiving has been disheartening.

Partner has no fertility issues (as he has children from a previous relationship) but 11 years ago I was told by gyn that I had a hormone imbalance. I had irregular periods for years prior to that, sometimes would go months without one. Being on BCP regulated the periods and I wasn't TTC so there wasn't an issue. Just went back to doctor last month and was told that my prolactin and thyroid were perfectly normal now, but that was all they could test for. I don't have any other symptoms of PCOS aside from the irregular periods. Anyone else have experience with this?

This cycle we've been using preseed and softcups. If my cycles normalize, I should be getting AF this coming week. Fingers crossed...

Look forward to chatting with you all! :flower:

Hi! I am new, too, so pardon my use of acronyms!

My husband and I have been TTC for two years and I am finally using Provera/Clomid to help my chances. My OB told me something new. My husband and I need to DTD every other day on CD12-22. He says DTD every day actually lowers sperm count and can be less effective. Who knew?! So don't burn yourself out, like I did back in November, haha.

Good luck and lots of baby dust!!

Oh! And I also have no other symptoms of PCOS other than infrequent/irregular periods (however, my doc attributes it to PCOS), so I feel your pain! That's why I am now taking the hormones to make my cycle normal and (hopefully!) predictable!

TTC after bc is pretty awful. Can you start trying to figure out if you're ovulating? Temping and OPKs together are really helpful. I feel your pain though. I went off the pill in Jan and we BD'd like mad that first cycle since I felt like I could ovulate at any time. It was 39 days long and I didn't ovulate at all. But at least with temping and OPKs I wasn't driving myself crazy taking pregnancy tests. This cycle I calmed down about BDing a lot, which is good since it's also looking anovulatory.

Oh Hello!! I'm new also and we're also TTC #1.. Good Luck and lots of baby dust to you
I was on Clomid last year but no luck so this year I decided not to stress and I just bought fertilitea and Fertilaid for my hubby... I also suffer from irregular cycles.. I'm currently on day #64 with no signs of AF.... I'm just waiting on my next cycle to see how the herb works :) :)

Good Luck of again and Let us know how this cycle turns out!! :)

I got off my Mirena IUD in the summer of 2013, and gave myself a couple months to adjust even though my doctor said "Oh, I was pregnant within two months of getting of the IUD!" so I totally expected to be pregnant as soon as I started TTC!

Funny how that doesn't work, eh? I'm also TTC #1 :)

Hi everyone... at work right now. Took a HPK at 1am after waiting 5 hours... may have a BFP?!? Eeek. Going to take one later this morning after I get home then possibly go get blood work to confirm..... :sleep:

Good Luck hun... Lots of baby dust and prayers to u :)

Hey everyone

I've been on here for a few months, been ttc #1 since June 13 with no luck.

I've had some basic tests done as has the oh and they all appear ok.

However I got myself a fertility monitor as I've only has 1 OPK in the whole time. I've read that while you are starting using the monitor it takes a month or 2 to be able to tell you when ovulation is due but there are 2 lines that show together when you ovulate.

I'm totally confused as I cannot tell what this is telling me, it looks like my hormones may not have peaked but might be now?????

What do you think???

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 4
None of those look very dark, and I think it has to be darker than the control line. Maybe your urine isn't concentrated enough?

That's the reason I'm confused as with the fertility sticks there is estrogen and lh so they are not quite like OPKs due to the lines being 2 different hormones.

So looking at other peoples they don't look bad - I'm just confused

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->