TTC. 1st month off BCP. Early period or should I test?

Wishu

Reaction score
Okay, I stopped taking my bcp as of July 29th (didn't take the placebos). So I haven't taken any at all this month.

About a little over a week ago (we'll say around August 17th since I forget which day exactly) I started experiencing some nausea, and it advanced to being sick after I ate something. It didn't matter what time of day I ate. Just the first thing I consumed I would lose some of. It's not full on being sick, but more like regurgitating over and over and having to spit it out. Now I get nauseous or sick after eating nearly anything.

The past 4 days I've had some bleeding. The first day came on pretty abruptly. Because the previous night I had a bad cramp/stinging pain and put on a pad just in case. It just felt weird so I wanted to be cautious. Lo and behold I had random bleeding, which looked like a period day. Red, not heavy but not light/spotting either. Normally I would spot before a day like that. That only lasted for a few hours and I've had spotting since then, along with what seems to be a bit of uterine lining too. Not much, though. It's practically stopped. For a regular period I would spot for 2 days, then have 2 or 3 of heavier bleeding, and then back to spotting for 1 or 2.

I'm a few days short of a week away from my expected period so could my period be early this time? I'm aware the bcp can make you go off track when you stop at first, but was just curious about opinions. Early period? Should I test next week for peace of mind or just save it for next month?

Sounds like you had your period early to me. Implantation spotting should not be bright red and you wouldn't find clots or lining so I think it was probably AF. The good news is that AF means the start of a whole new cycle, hopefully this one will be more predictable!

Yea, I guess I had my hopes up a little. But you're right! Assuming it was an early period then this marks a new cycle so round two here we go. lol

It's a little difficult to really determine what you have is IB or anything because you have some women who claim theirs is heavier. Some people say it can't be bright red, others say it has happened to them. So I suppose the only way to be sure is to test if you really question it.

Thanks for the optimism GraceER. :) It's really appreciated.

Fingers definitely crossed for a more predictable cycle this time.
At least there's the fun of still trying. :happydance:

This might seem like a shot in the dark, but after sitting and doing some math I realized that the night I got the sharp pain was a night my fiancee and I had "changed it up" a bit position-wise :)dog:). He was fond of the idea and we've since been repeating that every other day at least. Well, this could explain why I bled over night/the next morning of the 1st day and then seemed to start and stop spotting for the next few. I'll give it 7 more days and if a regular period hasn't shown up I will just test for the sake of testing. Better safe than sorry I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->