ttc #2: able to follow same routine as last?

vkj73

Reaction score
hi ladies,
i just turned 39, so that right off the bat makes me a bit nervous.

i also don't feel like i will be able to be quite as disciplined as i was the first time around. i took yoga, dance, followed a strict diet (no soy, caffeine, wine) etc.

with a toddler and working full-time, it's a bit challenging to do that.

anyone out there able to relate?

im 39.. but im trying to conceive my first. i work out quite a bit (which worried me until an instructor at my gym who does a crazy amount of classes etc and is in her 30's just accidentally got pregnant). im down to 200mg of caffeine (from over 1000 so... pretty good). first 2 cycles i didnt drink at all, last two decided screw it. i dont worry about soy one way or the other.. that being said.. im not pregnant so.. who knows. fingers crossed for us both

I cut out caffiene and was religious about my folic acid and vitamin supplements when TTC #1. I was playing football 4 times a week but didn't ease up with that.

This time (I've been TTC since January) I do no exercise (no time with LO and full time job!), take my supplements when I remember, and am drinking loads of caffeine as I need it with LO and full time stressful job! However, we've not had any luck so far in 4 cycles so I've just started cutting down on he caffeine.

I didn't cut down on alcohol last time but I wasn't drinking much in the week back then. This time I've got into the habit of having a glass of wine with my dinner most nights, but I don't go out very much so hardly ever get pissed anymore, which I did when TTC DS. So I've just recently started restricting my odd glass of wine or beer to the weekends.

So few pleasures in life nowadays huh?! Apart from DS and DH of course! Haha xx

I too am 39 and TTC. I take prenatal vitamins, folic acid and vitamin B. It took me 8 months to conceive with my DD who is now 3 1/2. I have been TTC for 12 months more aggressive since January taking clomid cycle days 3-7. I ovulate on my own every 14 days of a 28 day cycle but it's still been unsuccessful. I think that it doesn't matter what you do at this age. They don't influence healthy eggs at all. Big hugs, I understand! Secondary infertility is not easy!

thank you ladies! helps to not feel alone!
:hugs:

I feel the same way!! You are not alone at all. Juuust turned 40, cycle 6 of TTC #2 and it`s soooo hard.

Very active toddler, working full-time in demanding job = :wacko:

Trying to find time just to BD is hard enough, trying to exercice and eat better on top of that is just crazy for me right now.

It took 6 months last time so of course I was hoping it would be 6 this time also. I so want this to happen naturally so I don`t have to follow fertility treatments, ttc is stressful enough as it is ha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->