TTC 3rd section stressed!

lassie269

Reaction score
So I just got off the phone from my GP who I'd asked about whether it's a good idea to have a 3rd csection and she's left me so stressed and worried Shes referred me to my consultant to have a chat (waiting for apmnt) but in meantime she'd spoken to another dr. Who recommended against it due to much higher risks of complications with placenta etc being the 3rd. Obviously he hasn't seen my medical notes from previous sections (both uncomplicated) but I'm now starting to think we should stop TTC... feeling super disappointed.
Sorry for long post/rant .. anyone been through something similar?

Not me personally but I have a friend who had 3 and another who had 4 sections. I am surprised your GPs are being so cautious about it as there are so many women who had more than 2 sections. Both my friends have said though that each recovery was harder than the last and of course the risk does increase but then that is so with any op. So until your consultant actually confirms that in your specific case a further section would be dangerous, I wouldn't be too worried. A GP is not a surgeon so would naturally prefer to let your consultant advise you.

From my experience the midwife said to me (in July - sadly ended in mc) that the consultants in our hospital would prefer me
to have another c section as I’ve had 2 previously. They consider it higher risk for a Vbac after 2 sections x

Thanks for the replies :) as soon as the gp said it I could tell she felt bad. Will wait to see what consultant says next week..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->