TTC after 2 weeks of Cerazette (POP)

IrishMumz

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm Irish & new here and this is my 1st post!

TTC with a new partner... the plan was to wait till after February but the pill I was on was making me so sick, so decided to go for it & see what happens!!

Have 8.5 year old DD with ex. husband (separated 8 years ago), NEVER EVER planned to have any more kids.. was adamant I didn't ever want any... met new guy... love at 1st sight... soul mates... he's dying to have kids (already has a 15 year old DD in England).

Anyway.. he talked me into it & now it's all I can think about... my body is screaming LAST CHANCE at me!!! lol

I was 39 last week so know it mightn't be easy... 1st DD wasn't planned as such though we were delighted when it happened... I was just 30 then so totally different kettle of fish!!

I was taking Cerazette for 2 weeks only (POP progesterone only/mini pill) and stopped mid-cycle as it was making me feel HORRIBLE and we decided to just go for it..... can feel the tick tock tick tock tick tock

I had to take emergency contraception once a month for the 2 months previous to starting cerazette (hence the decision to take the POP as the condoms were letting us down A LOT!!) and my period started at CD25 each of those 2 cycles (my cycle is usually 27 days)

Cerazette made me feel awful.. I was crying at the drop of a hat, paranoid, had stomach cramps, bloating, headaches and no libido... in general I felt like I was going crazy!! I stopped taking it around CD16 and would have presumed I would have OV'd straight away.. isn't that why you HAVE to take it the same time every day?!!!

Anyway, plenty of action all through the month :)) so was very excited to see if period would arrive or not..!! I had very sore boobs & nipples just after stopping taking it and serious cramping for a week after so was sure period was on the way...

Still no sign and 16 days late today... have done a few tests... few Superdrug ones, CB digi's and more recently IC's on a daily basis...all were negative....

Also started doing OPT's on daily basis & no sign of Ov or even a second line though I'm not 100% sure how these work as I've never used them before!!

So today is CD44, 16 days late.... WTF is going on??? Does anyone have any ideas??? Still cramping on and off and on serious knicker watch!!!

Please give me some advice or anything at all... especially if you have any experience with Cerazette or similiar...?? Could it really have messed my cycle up THAT much to have taken it for only 2 weeks??

Thanks for looking & babydust to all :kiss::kiss::kiss:

I am not an expert, but will send someone here who is...back in a few, LOL

Here I am......:flower:

OK well I took 5 days of minipill and 5 days of regular BCP, and side effects are just as you describe (with the sore boobs, feeling sick etc) which is just your body getting used to the hormones in the pill. I did this to change my cycle dates as my partner works offshore, but 3 months later I'm still not 100%.

When you stopped the minipill you should have had a withdrawal bleed 2-3 days later and then went on to ovulate as normal a week or two later.

BUT (and I'm not a doc this is just my best guess), because you have taken two lots of morning after pills in the past 2 months and then 16 days worth of mini-pill, in effect you have overloaded your system with progesterone, which has caused this long cycle, sore boobs etc.

Once the progesterone drops things should settle down again.

But in the meantime, I would not recommend taking any other form of hormone.

Northstar- thanks for the reply, really appreciate it :)
It does make sense.. do you think there's anything I can do to help lower my Pg levels..? I started Agnus Castus and Q10 today... hoping it might help regulate things!
Just out of interest, I didn't have any withdrawal bleed..

yes I did... she said to come back in 2 weeks and she would do a blood pregnancy test...

Then you might want to stop the vitex and COCK (that's what we call CoQ10 around here) LOL. Neither are safe during pregnancy, or proven to be unsafe, if you think there is a chance you might have a BFP.

I'm not sure what to do.. it's a head-wrecker.. I've been doing IC HTP's on a daily basis and all I'm getting are BFN's even at CD44 so am pretty sure I'm NOT preggers.... surely would have shown up on a test by now!!!

IDK but safer to take nothing right now, I wouldn't touch anything but a multi vitamin until you get a bleed or HPT+.

Messing with BCP and supplements has been the road to hell for me, so don't be surprised if it takes some time for things to settle back to normal.

hiya! I'm new on here, I stopped Cerazette last March and I didn't have a period for around 6 weeks hence I didn't ovulate that month or so, then after that period I fell straight away, but I had a molar pregnancy so we haven't been able to try again for 6 months which happily is now up! I have currently been on Femulen mini pill, and stopped that about 2 weeks ago at the end of my period. I'm not expecting to ovulate for a month or so at least, so try not to worry too much. I'm sure your body will adjust back to normal very soon! Btw, I have 2 boy and girl of 15 and 13, got divorced and never thought I'd meet anyone let alone want more, same as you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->