TTC after 5+ years

nikkie122

Mom- Wyatt & Aiden
Reaction score
Hello Everyone, I use to be an active B&B user but as life got busy I wasn't able to log on and chat as much. Here is a little about me.. I am 33 years old with a 5 almost 6 year old son. Before having him I miscarried twice, lost my left tube due to ectopic pregnancy and also had a stillborn son at 31 weeks. Thankfully in 2014 I was blessed with my son. So.. Here I am almost 6 years later TTC again and stressing about it. I started tracking ovulation this month to see if and when I am ovulating but I am a little nervous because I was diagnosed last year with UC (Ulcerative colitis) and am so worried that this may effect my ability to get pregnant (I have talked to both my GI doctor and OBGYN and they assured me it should not). So I am hoping to that with my UC and my age that I am still able to get pregnant easily. Any advice and tips would be appreciated. Or just words of encouragement.

Thank you in advance!

Welcome back to BabyandBump and best of luck! :)

Welcome back! I'm back on B&B after a long break too. I joined here in 2009 when I was miscarrying my first ever pregnancy, and now I'm back, 11 years and 6 more pregnancies later, with a 10 year old and an 8 year old and TTC with my new partner. It's been a wild ride for sure, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

I understand your concerns re: your UC and TTC. I have an autoimmune condition which apparently tends to behave very well during pregnancy but women often relapse after the birth, so that's a worry. (I didn't have it when my sons were born, so it's not like I have any experience of being pregnant with it) But...I'm in remission at the mo and feeling well so hoping for a straightforward pregnancy despite being a bit older now (36 later this year). I did fall pregnant at the end of last year but unfortunately miscarried in February and we're just now ready to try again.

Fingers crossed you don't have long to wait for your :bfp:

Welcome back! I'm back on B&B after a long break too. I joined here in 2009 when I was miscarrying my first ever pregnancy, and now I'm back, 11 years and 6 more pregnancies later, with a 10 year old and an 8 year old and TTC with my new partner. It's been a wild ride for sure, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

I understand your concerns re: your UC and TTC. I have an autoimmune condition which apparently tends to behave very well during pregnancy but women often relapse after the birth, so that's a worry. (I didn't have it when my sons were born, so it's not like I have any experience of being pregnant with it) But...I'm in remission at the mo and feeling well so hoping for a straightforward pregnancy despite being a bit older now (36 later this year). I did fall pregnant at the end of last year but unfortunately miscarried in February and we're just now ready to try again.

Fingers crossed you don't have long to wait for your :bfp:

Thank you! That is the same with UC as it is an autoimmune disorder and they tell me I may get better at least during pregnancy or it might get worse.. So that is a little stressful. Its nice to chat with someone that can relate a little to what I am going through. I also hope you get your BFP soon as well!

Hi and welcome back! Stay positive and trust in what your docs say. Good luck with yr journey!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->