TTC after BC group!!

I'll join! I was on depo though, not pills. Is that OK lol?

Of course!!! I've been on depo before, and I know how difficult it can be coming off!!! :) id love to have a place where we can support each other & share tips, symptoms & concerns.. :)

I have been on depo for almost 7years. I was on it before that too but switched to pills for a year in between. My last shot expired end of October. I just had my first "period" a couple days ago. It was very light and pretty brown. I'm hoping I'm in for this upcoming month. I'm on vacation but as soon as I'm back I'm going to start using opks. I'm already temping and charting. So how about you?

I was on depo 2 years and had a horrible experience. I gained around 20 lbs, terrible acne & depression. Took me 6 months to start a period after & had to take provera.. As soon as I started my first period I lost those 20 lbs.. It literally dropped off!!! I've been on Yasmin the last 10 years & loved it. I've been off it for about 2 months.. Nothing crazy.. Just a bit emotional.. I feel like being on bc deadened my emotions a bit.... We've only been TTC one cycle.. I have been doing opks & ovulated last month.. I definitely had pain & cramping during ovulation.. I was a bit upset at the bfn last month, but I didn't really expect to get preggers that quick..this cycle were trying preseed & soft cups.. I'm hoping to be pregnant by march.., this will be my first child..

My first also. I'm 27 and dh is 29. We have been married 4 years. I swear I might never go back on hormonal birth control. After realizing how hard it can be to get pregnant I am afraid of it! My husband agreed with me. At least not until I'm sure that I'm done having children. I am in school still and graduate in may so I'm ok with getting pregnant any time now. Hope it doesn't take too long!

Hi ladies. I was on the depo for 10years. I finished in November- never went back for the shot as i wasn't aware how long it would take for me to get pregnant until i looked online.
I have had nothing so far :-( its just the waiting game i suppose xx

Hi ladies. I was on the depo for 10years. I finished in November- never went back for the shot as i wasn't aware how long it would take for me to get pregnant until i looked online.
I have had nothing so far :-( its just the waiting game i suppose xx

I feel your pain hun. I'm trying soy isoflavones this month and I'll let you know how it goes. Have you been to the doctor yet since you stopped it?

I went to the docs and they said about possibly going on the pill for 3 months, i know others have done this but i thought i would give my body a break for a few months of no contraception then possibly doing a few months on the pill to regulate. How about u? Wish i had come off it ages ago but i just didn't know- i guess i should do more research on stuff i am putting in my body! I am just getting on with life until it happens- even boomed a holiday for September lol x

I went to the docs and they said about possibly going on the pill for 3 months, i know others have done this but i thought i would give my body a break for a few months of no contraception then possibly doing a few months on the pill to regulate. How about u? Wish i had come off it ages ago but i just didn't know- i guess i should do more research on stuff i am putting in my body! I am just getting on with life until it happens- even boomed a holiday for September lol x

I have a Dr appointment January 6th. I need an annual pap anyways and I skipped mine a few months back. I had a LEEP when I was 21 for abnormal cells on my cervix, but have had normal paps ever since. Still, now that I am trying to conceive I am worried that I will have an abnormal one again. I'm just paranoid lol. This will be my first time at the gyn though since I have been going to Planned Parenthood for many years. I have heard some people have success with trying 3 months of birth control. If my period had not returned before my doc appointment I would have considered it. I agree with what you are doing. Wait to see how your body responds after being off the depo for a while and if you are not happy with the progress consider the options your doc is offering.

Did you have any symptoms after coming off the depo? I had sore breasts right away and still do. Then I had a couple weeks of nausea. My regular doc could not figure out why and then I read online that many women experienced that after depo.

I agree and wish I hadn't put that in my body for so long. I had one doc who tried to get me to switch to Mirena but I don't really feel comfortable with IUDs either. But really any birth control can make it hard to regulate after you come off it. Some people have trouble after doing just the regular pills. And one girl I know got pregnant after being off depo for less than a month. She never even got a period!

I was on Depo for quite a few years, my last shot was due on OCT.4th. I decided to go off Depo to get my body ready for eventual pregnancy. I got my period back on Dec.20th only 77 days after my last shot date! It was a normal 4 day period for me so now I will be looking for my next period in January!

Never had a bad experience with Depo at all! Never any side effects, so far no issues coming off of the shot either! I am starting to chart my body temps and periods!

Wow pregnant after a month, she must be really fertile lol.
Yeah i had really sore breasts as soon as i came off the depo, it lasted a few weeks and just every so often they become a little tender but nothing to bad. I am now back to the gym as i have heard losing a bit of weight (i am not overweight, but do need to tone up if that makes sense) it helps get the depo out you system.
I think i Will wait till end of Feb and if nothing i Will go on the pill for a few months.
Have you had a period yet?how long did that take? I also had really bad cramps for a week or two after coming off it- again from what i have read that's normal too. But now i just feel normal :-\ not sure if that's good or not lmao x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->