TTC after depo provera injection?!

B

Bethan2311

hi all, after having my LO i had the depo provera contraceptive injection, my doctor warned me that if i wanted to concieve i would have to stop the injection 1-2 years before i wanted to convieve. I stopped having the injection in June last year & i still havent caught, anyone got any advice or been through anything similar? I'm going to the doctors today but im not sure if they'l be able to do anything for me.

Thanks!

the average is 18 months, if your cycles aren't regular, you could try a month of BC pills to jump start it. But I don't know either if the doctors will do anything until the average is passed at least.

Hey there, I was on depo for years, i stopped it (was due for a shot) around november of last year been having unprotected sex regularly, and nothing has happened yet for me..

When i was on depo i only had about 1 period every 3 months, But when i stopped the shot i got my period constantly for about a month straight, And then every month on after that, Now my cycles got regular about 3-4 months after the shot, surprisingly soon. So now i can expect my period on the day it usually comes.. Only been late once, and it was like 8 days late i think due to stress.
My opinion, based on my experience is that
The longer you were on depo, the longer its gunna take you to get pregnant, And everyone is different so it will happen when the time is right!

Just wanted you to know your not alone! :haha:

Hi!

I came off depo after 4/5 years in October last year, initially i had a constant period, then April/May/June/July i had a period, and ive had nothing since!!

I've been to the gp who sent me for a blood test to measure hormones - all fine!
I'm booked in for a ultrasound scan on sunday so hopefully that comes back clear.

The nurse actually said to me, you are ovulating but you are just not building up lining which means the egg will just be reabsorbed. It worries me because what if an egg did get fertilized! then it has no where to settle!!

Anyway, i hope you catch on soon! but it may take a while for depo to get out your system! why not try OPKs?

Fingers crossed for you huni xxx

depo is the worst b/c to be on...I was just telling someone else I gained like 40lbs from being on it and got stretch marks (this is years before becoming pregnant too :( ) I had my period for like 3-4 months straight and then when I was ready to come off of it, I didnt get my period for a whole year and needed to take a pill to restart AF. Anything that can do all of that to your body, cant be good for you.

But, I think I came off of Depo around 19 yr old...and 6 months after my 21st bday I got pregnant with my daughter...(I wasnt actively trying in between that time)

So dont worry, it will come..just relax and enjoy, a baby will come along when you least suspect it..a watched pot never boils!

Ohh my goodness:shock: I was never really told any of this by my nurse.

I was on the depo injection for years never had AF the whole time; I wasn’t allowed to go on the combined pill due to family history and migraines.

My & OH talked and decided we where going to TTC after our holiday in May 2012, so that in mind & from doin my own research I came off the depo last year (Nov 2011). My depo was due November 2011 but not being quite ready TTC, I went onto cerazette. Again I didn’t get a period until January this year which lasted 3 days very light. I then came of everything mid June this year & got my 1st AF July 35 days after stopping no break though bleed, then Aug 33 day, then Sep 30 days, then Oct 35 days & here I am CD17.

We started NTNP August this year. I am so hopeful that we will get a BFP before xmas:xmas12: but have no idea if I am ovulating. I am getting a few pains & quite abit of EWCM at certain times of them month, which I can only take as a positive but who knows, only time will tell.

I think the depo is a pretty stupid bc & should only be given to women who have no intention of trying for children later on. So many negative things have been found out whilst I was on the depo.
• don’t give to under 18s as its very damaging to your bone density and increase the risk of osteoporosis. (I started on the depo when I was 17 I am now 24 HELLO!!!)
• Some women may not be able to conceive for 10 to 15 months after having their last injection (I was never told this otherwise I would of chosen to go on something else)

Good Luck to all you ladies out there TTC / NTNP sending you all lots of :dust:

thanks all! the doctor basically said that if nothing happens in 6 months to go back, but to start taking folic acid to help concieve. I'm hoping it will happen before christmas but with 2 weeks to go i highly doubt it :\ saying that i've had a few symptoms these past few days - nausea, heartburn, cramps - but i dont want to get my hopes up & do a test for it to be negative. once again thanks all for your experiences & good luck to you all xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->