TTC after MC and possible Chemical Pregnancy

kstockdale285

Reaction score
I recently mc in January 2016, my Dr. told me that as long as I was emotionally ready we could start ttc again, well 2 weeks ago I tested positive and continued to until last Friday where it was rather faint, then I started bleeding as if it was my normal cycle. I thought it could be a chemical pregnancy, but I am unsure. I am also dx with PCOS which makes it difficult to maintain a pregnancy due to hormone imbalances, why would my Dr. not initiate hormone replacement or anything of that sort when I presented in January with bleeding after having a confirmed pregnancy and being at 6 weeks. I should say that I currently have 1 daughter is almost 3 and I had no complications or issues with that pregnancy and it took us about 3 years of not using protection to even conceive her due to my PCOS and not regularly ovulating. So these 2 pregnancies so quick after starting ttc, made me feel like I was regular for once.

Any tips on how to not obsess over this kind of thing would be helpful. This is all I think about and all I want is to be pregnant. I feel like I can't take my mind off of these things.!

If I do end up pregnant again how can I prevent myself from becoming to hopeful and not set myself up for more heart break.

Thank you in advance everyone.!!

I'm sorry to hear about your MC in January and your possible CP. How are things looking like right now?

I think in this TTC world it's extremely hard not to worry about losing a pregnancy or even to not be completely consumed by this topic! It's hard enough for people who've never experienced a loss, let alone those who have experienced multiple losses. I don't have any great advice on how to stop obsessing and worrying, because I do the same thing. However, what's helped me is keeping myself busy with other things that are not TTC-related. I'm in school right now so I'm kind of forced to do that, but you could look into doing other things that occupy your mind. I think when we are completely immersed in the world of pregnancy and babies, the thought of losing the one thing we desire or not even being able to conceive is even more devastating because it's the only current focus in our life. By having some other focuses, it softens those fears a bit and makes us realize that there are so many other parts of life to engage in and enjoy. The support of these forums has also been helpful, because TTC can be very isolating. Sharing the journey with others who are going through the same thing is extremely powerful. Lastly, and this is the hardest one, letting go and enjoying the journey is extremely helpful (but seems impossible!). For the brief time I was pregnant just recently, I allowed myself to enjoy the excitement of it despite my concerns. I regretted that once CP happened because it really hurt, but I recovered fairly quickly and now do not regret that excitement even if it meant not being prepared for what ended up happening. I really hope that next time around I can allow myself to feel that way again in the knowledge that even if it makes another potential loss harder, I WILL be able to handle it and will at least have been able to relax and enjoy pregnancy, albeit for a disappointingly short time.

I wish you the best :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"