TTC after our loss

addy1

Mom of 3!
Reaction score
Just wanted to introduce myself and share my story. I am looking for a place to talk with others about a sad situation, and maybe get some support on our next TTC journey:flower:

I had a natural miscarriage at 11 weeks on May 1st. We had our first ultrasound a few days before and found out there was no fetal growth. I had the sac and other products of conception, but no baby. DH and I were heartbroken. We both took it hard, as we were nearing the end of the first trimester, and were starting to get very excited and comfortable with the idea of having baby #2!

I cramped and bled for 6 hours at home, when it finally stopped. I ended up having a D&C three days later due to severe cramping and increased bleeding. It was the worst experience of my life.

I am now starting to come to terms with it, and am starting to feel positive again about trying again. We have one daughter who has made this experience much easier to take. She brightens our day!O:)

My doctor had asked us to wait three months, but I am not so sure. I really want to start after my first AF. I think I ovulated last week....I'm hoping AF arrives soon. We are ready to try this again! Very scared, but can't wait to hold our second baby!

Thanks for reading:flower:

I am so sorry to hear about your lost, the experience of a MC is one of the most distressing experiences that I have ever been through and not one that I want to repeat again. I actually started TTC the cycle after my MC, its now cycle three and am 4dpo so am really hoping for a :bfp:! If you feel emotionally ready to try again that go for it, good luck hun and I hope you get you little :baby: soon

:hug: & :dust:

Thanks so much for the reply. And sorry for your loss as well.

I am so terrified that it will happen again. It is just something I never thought would happen. I was always fearful of it, but I guess was in denial.

Good luck and hope you get your BFP!! Wishing you loads of babydust!!

Hi, my story is similar to yours. I had a blighted ovum m/c in March...the sac measured 6 wks and I started bleeding at 10 wks. It is such a cruel and unfair m/c...I thought I was doing fine because I had no spotting, no cramping. Then, I went to my first appt. and saw the black hole on the screen w/no baby...such a horrible sight....I pray I never have to see that again.

I ended up just going natural...it was absolutely awful. I wish I would've ended up having a d&c because I was bleeding heavily w/ huge blood clots and having labor like contractions/cramping for wks. The m/c was definitely the worst thing I've been through in my life so far....physically and emotionally. I have 2 amazing sons, and like you said, they are the only thing that pulled me through (and the grace of God of course).

Anyway...we started ttc again, I am currently 8dpo and freakin' out! I had one normal period, then we decided to try...my doc told me to wait 1 cycle.

I hope you get preggo with a healthy little bean soon! Take care.

I give you a lot of credit for doing it naturally. Takes a lot of strength! I had one night of heavy bleeding and cramping at home. It was about 6 hours, and I know I could not have done more than that. A few days later I went in with very severe cramping....very similar to labour contractions. It was awful. I ended up with a D&C which was the best choice for me. I could not have done it one more day. I am just hoping AF shows up soon. I think I ovulated a couple days ago, but I wanted to wait one cycle.

Thanks for your reply! Good luck!!

:hugs::hugs: I know how you feel. I just want another baby so badly. I just completed my 1st cycle ttc after my loss. It resulted in a bfn, but I'm not giving up even though sometimes I want to. My ob told me to wait till my 3rd cycle but I didn't. This was my 2nd cycle. I think the reason they tell you to wait 3 months especially after a d&c is your lining will be thin and can result in another mc if you do conceive. I had problems with my lining this cycle and had to take estrogen and progesterone. Good Luck to you and :dust:

:hugs: I am sorry for your loss.

I was told to wait until after 1st AF to try again. But both of my miscarriages were natural so maybe that's why? We waited 3 months to ttc after miscarriage #1. We were going to start ttc after af - but now we've been thinking maybe we will wait til the end of the summer? We are both still very emotional about it & its on my mind a lot. I think it would be better if I would heal a bit more first.

Hi I'm new to forums so bear with me. We had been trying for 6 months and then got a BFP in January at our 12 week scan we found that we only measured 6weeks, had a d&c 2 days later. I'm devastated. I have had one AF since and have been trying hard this month. Now in the dreaded TWW. Hope to get some much needed support from you lovely ladies. Baby dust to all x

sorry for your loss..

i lost charlie at 24+3 weeks, and it was the hardest saddest, but also happiest time ever..... we have 2 year old daughter who has made everything more bearable.... but my heaart breaks all the time for my charlie.....

i was induced an gave birth to him naturally and held his tiny body in my arms for hours.. we spent 10 hours with him before we said our final good byes....

we were advised to wait 3-6 months and we are now nearing the 3 month mark and are in our first proper cycle of NTNP.....

i have follow up meeting with consultant next week to see if the problems we had will affect other pregnancies, so very scary time ahead for us....

xxxxxxxxx

i had a d&c on may 7th and still no sign of my period. we have begun to have unprotected sex again so dnt know what will happen... x

So sorry for all your losses. It is such a difficult time for us all.

Mommymarsh, so sorry for your loss. I also have a 2 year old DD that makes life so much better!

I am still waiting for AF to arrive after my m/c. I'm hoping this week is the week! I am having symptoms.

Thinking of you all!! Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->