TTC and fibroids

char63

Reaction score
Hi there,
Im 37 and TTC baby number 4. I had no trouble conceiving any of my boys, my youngest son is 6. I had a miscarriage 2 yrs ago at 13 weeks and had an erpc. I havent caught since. I know I have 2 or 3 small fibroids but i dont know what type they are. I did ask the dr but he said it wasnt in my notes. I have booked a drs appointment for this fri as I want to know if there is something wrong and why im not conceiving. I have regular periods and according to the cbfm i am ovulating every month. So I guess the question is, what should i be asking the dr when io go on Fri? Should I ask for blood tests? do I ask to have the fibroids checked out incase they have grown? Not sure what to say to him. Will I get fobbed off as I am slightly overweight (about 13 stone and 5.4 tall)
Many thanks in advance for any advice anyone can give me :thumbup:

I just saw this post...sorry it took so long for a response.

I have several small fibroids on the outer edges of my uterus...I didn't even know they were there, until I had my early scan with this BFP.

Of course I was very unhappy when I got the news, but my doctor does not seem to think they are an issue; we just have to watch them.

From what I have learned, it just depends on the location of the fibroids, the rate at which they are/not growing, and if they are blood filled or not.

I've not read anything that says weight plays a role with fibroids, so your doctor shouldn't just brush you aside...I wish you the best of luck and please let us know how it goes.

:flower::hugs:

Char63 - I have a small fibroid and my doctor used a saline sonogram to take a better look at it and see if its location poses any issues. You may ask for that if you feel your fibroids may be impacting implantation. Good luck!!

Thanks for replying, I will ask about it tomorrow.

Just got back from te drs and I am going gto have some blood tests on day 2 and day 21 of my cycle and my partner is going to have a sperm count.

She said that she will see how the tests go and go from there. Didnt think they should pose a problem. Going to start eating better and cutting alcohol out too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->