TTC at 35

TryTryAgain1

Reaction score
I have two boys from previous relationship, my husband has one daughter. We have custody of all so busy house. Finally got married in August but I was worried it would take long to conceive so I took IUD out in June and started trying right away. Month after month negative tests. This month 7 days late then it came. Ill take any and all suggestions...

Side note- i feel like weve had so many blessings recently that maybe we won't ever get this one. (8yr old son had brain surgery last year and recovered amazing so ill take that, but am I being selfish wanting another)

No, I don’t think it’s selfish at all. Also sometimes it can take longer to get pregnant than what you’d expect. It took me 4 years to conceive again after having an abortion 10 years ago. This is also my first child. What worked for me was checking my cervix to know when exactly I was ovulating or just before I should say. Your only 35, that’s not that old, you should be able to conceive again without any problems!

Good luck:dust:

I agree with Kay, sometimes it just takes some time but you definitely not too old. Are you doing anything to track your ovulation? Temping etc?

No way are you to old I'm 39 and pregnant. So many womon are having babies in there mid to late 30s and even there 40s.
35 is not to old at all good luck

I’m also 35 and we have been TTC #2 for 16 months now. It’s so draining and fustrating sometimes. With our dd it happened on the second month of trying. We didn’t expect it to happen as soon this time round but also didn’t expect 16 months and still nothing.

Definitely not selfish we thought our rainbow boy was our last but we are trying for #5 and our last. All mine took diff amount of times I’m 38 soon and currently think I’m going through a loss. I was on the fence when trying but this has made me realise I really want it now

Hi, I will be 33 in July so not far from your age, my husband however is 50. We have 4 boys and started TTC 3 years ago, I did fall pregnant after 7 months but lost the baby at 5 weeks. We continued right away and nothing. We had to take a few months break because my Mum booked us a family holiday but we started trying again the end of November/beginning of December and are still waiting.
I can really relate to what you have said, I feel like its selfish to ask for me blessings sometimes, I've already had 4, and some people wont ever get 1! Also, my husband has been through open heart surgery, my 3rd son was investigated last year because he had raised optic discs and our worst case scenario was a brain tumour which thankfully wasn't the case, he's also under a consultant for chest pains, has a prominent aortic root and some measurements that aren't right so have to go back for that, he has additional needs too, we have so much going on with him.

Hi, I'm 34 and also ttc #3. We have 2 girls (6 &4) and dh and I would love to add a boy to our clan. :)
It took 3 years to conceive our first, 1 cycle to conceive our second, so this one could be anywhere in between I guess! We have decided to give it until the end of the year, and if it doesn't happen we will stick to being a family of 4. So fingers crossed!
Hope you get your bfp soon xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"