TTC!! first time

kowenxx

Reaction score
hi everyone, i am new to this site, but i have been looking at different forums on here and decided it seamed a good place to start.. hope you ladies can offer some help or advice...

me and my partner are trying to concive our first child together.. i was previously on the POP (cerelle/cerazette) i have been on this pill for about 2 and a half years, previous to that i had the implant, ive been completly off my pill for about a month and a half ive had 2 AF but they wasn't like my usual ones and lasted far less time, so as you all probably guessed im a bit confussed, does this mean im fertile, does this mean i can concive now? i am really excited about the whole thing as this is my first biological child. id love to hear your storys and how long everything took for some of you women who have been on the same pill or something simular or are going through it the same as me, any help/advice/support would be apprechiated, i know it hasnt been long but im very eager to well.. test positive..

when it gets down to doing the deed i dont think about getting pregnant, i live in the moment with my partner, we still enjoy it, its when it comes to after that i stress about it, i tested a week ago and it was negative and it broke me to see just the one line and was trying to trick myself into thinking there were two..

thanks for reading ladies, goodluck if your TTC <3 :flower:

welcome:wave:

this site has lots of really supportive people and hopefully you can find people who have been through similar situations, and if not at least people to commiserate with!:winkwink:

i don't really have any experience with coming off birth control (was on it years ago but it messed with my hormones and i hated it, so just used condoms until i got married this past june) but i know there are lots of people around here who are coming off it.

we started ttc in june and last month i started taking my temperature as a way to track ovulation, when to take pregnancy tests, when to expect AF, etc. and it's quite eye opening. sort of wish i had starting temping way before we actually wanted kids so i would have known all this stuff ahead of time! do you do any of that?

and i totally understand the "trying to trick myself into thinking there were two.." feeling:sad1:

good luck:flower:

Thanks for the welcome..

congratulations on getting married hope everything is well with you and your husband..

i have heard of doing it by temp but i never thought it would work, but i could defiantly give it a go if you recommend it.. thanks for that i will have to keep you up dated..

good look!! :flower: :thumbup: :dust:

Thanks for the welcome..

congratulations on getting married hope everything is well with you and your husband..

i have heard of doing it by temp but i never thought it would work, but i could defiantly give it a go if you recommend it.. thanks for that i will have to keep you up dated..

good look!! :flower: :thumbup: :dust:

well, temping just helps you figure out what your body is doing and when you are most fertile. it's technically the only way to confirm ovulation, and you are most fertile the days before ovulation. so, it doesn't help much in telling you "have sex now!" (which is what i feel like OPKs do...?) but after you see a temperature rise, you know the days before that were most fertile and hopefully you had sex during those couple days. though, not much you can do at that point if you didn't:dohh:

i get the feeling a lot of people use both temping and OPKs to make sure they don't miss their fertile window, but so far i am just temping and giving it a few months. we'll see!:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->