TTC length

Linda8416

Reaction score
Hello ladies!
IM new to the site..
I lost my baby boy last March 09, while i was 24 weeks far.
I am now trying to conceive again, (began in MARCH) and im wondering HOW long can it take?! lol
I was 7 days late last month then I bled for one day, however tests shows negative sign. I got it again this month (April) for two days, not as normal as before, still negative. NOW- i know since we ARE trying now, it's going to be on my mind alll the time!
Any suggestions on how to just LIVE w/o worrying so much about whether im prego or not??

Hi Linda, welcome. I wish you didn't have to be here and I'm very sorry for the loss of your boy. We all deal with this in different ways. Some women have decided to take a relaxed approach to ttc. I know for me, I've been more obsessive about it! After my first mc, I was more vigilant than ever about opks, temping, herbs, etc. It took me 8 months to conceive again. I had my second mc 3 1/2 months ago and am ttc for the first time this cycle. (Should be ovulating very soon!)

It isn't easy to stop thinking about, especially when it is the one thing in your life that you want so much. I truly haven't found a way to stop thinking about it. I do try to spend time with friends who can distract me with their own life issues. I also have taken to sewing purses as a way to creatively express myself. It makes me focus on something outside of myself. But honestly, I'm not sure I can stop the daily thoughts until I'm holding my baby in my arms.

I hope you get your BFP soon!

:hugs:

There's no easy way to just stop thinking about it all together, but the best you can do for yourself right now is to just not stress about it. In the same way stress can affect your AF it can interfere with ovulation. Stress affects hormones needed for ovulation, which sometimes can lead it to happen later on in your cycle.

So... try to RELAX! :hugs: Don't obsess over it, just let your body rest and take it easy. Keep any anxiety that you may have about conceiving, or in this case anything, to a bare minimum! And if you have a hard time not worrying about getting prego, then just let the desire for a baby fuel your motivation to de-stress.
Good luck & happy baby dancing! :)

<3 Jen

Hi Linda, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I'm in the same boat as you and we lost our son on 22nd March (I was 18 wks) as we had to have tfmr. We're also ttc now and like you say, once its on your mind that you're trying, it drives you nuts wondering if you're preggers!
I saw my doctor last week and asked him about how long it will take and he said its no different to any couple trying to conceive...it will happen when it happens! Its soooo hard to just relax and wait when you want something so badly.
I hope you have good news very very soon, Zoe xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->