TTC no 1 over 35, two mc's

Lucy1973

Reaction score
Hey, anyone going through a similar thing?

Age 37, came off pill Dec 2009, miscarriage March at 5 weeks, miscarriage June at 8 weeks :cry:

Will I ever have a baby?

Yes at least I can get pregnant easily....but they never stick! :wacko:

First period due tomorrow after 2nd MC :nope:

Any positive stories out there to give me hope? Scared stiff to try again.

You should come over to the TTC After A Loss... Race for the BFP! - 99 BFP's!!!! thread. I don't know how many of us are over 35 (*I am), but there are a lot of awesome women who have had multiple mc's and have gotten their sticky bean! :hugs: Hang in there. You have to believe!!!

Totally. I know personally of two girls on here at least that have had a baby this year after 3-5 mc's - so yes, there is hope. Have you got any offer for treatment? if you;re over 35 2 mc's is the usual criteria.

Dont despair, this is a shitty route to parenthood, but the more and longer you try the more likely you are to succeed!

All the best, hun. Im in the same boat, you know :)

Thanks guys, it's really good to hear positive stories like that! :flower:

No, I wasn't offered any help. The early pregnancy counsellor said that for one basic test I have to not be pregnant for a few months to do it. :wacko: I think I would have to really kick up a fuss at the doctors, I was going to, but instead am suddenly impatient to try again straight away!

I am gonna try again in two weeks, and see what happens....:blush:

I am waiting for first AF after mc now, no sign yet...she never comes when you want her to! I want to know I am back to normal!:wacko:

Thanks guys, hope we will all get our BFP within a few months and this time it sticks!:happydance:

What happened to you guys?

I'm 39 -40 in a couple of weeks and I have had 2 MC's in the last 9 months....

Like you I am scared to death to be preggos again- but will be truly thankful if I do...

My OB thinks it all has to do with my low progestrone- this last MC when I started to spot they took blood and my Beta was 98 with a progestrone level of 1..yeah 1.. NOT GOOD

so at this point all they gave me was prometrium and said when I get another positive to start taking that ASAP..... everything else has checked out fine

I HOPE everything works out for you and that you get that lil stickie bean soon

GOOD LUCK :hugs:

Hi guys
Im 35, I came off the pill in dec 09 and had a mc last month at 6 weeks

Now having first period since and its horrendous!!! Havent been so heavy and painful for a long time

I do have a question though, after coming off the pill, my cycle was between 50 - 55 days, now this period started 30 days after the mc. Is it normal for your cycle to change?

We are looking to try again next month

Hi Kelster, sorry to hear about your losses, and Becs too, horrible way to start off. :wacko:

Unfortunately my second miscarriage was a silent one picked up at a reassurance scan - what a laugh - a week later miscarried it. I have never been tested or been offered tests for anything. Kelster it must make you more confident to try again....hope it works out next time. :flower:

I am still trying to figure out what is going on Becs, 5 weeks after miscarriage. It does change every aspect of your cycle. My EWCM is all over the place and so are temps. I did temps, and they indicated poss ov 2 weeks ago, well no AF and negative tests 13dpo. I am very confused, don't know if or when I ovulated, so it's a waiting game with random tests just to make sure. :wacko:

Good luck both of you for next months, post back if any exciting news! :happydance:
:dust:

Kelster it must make you more confident to try again....hope it works out next time

well yes and no.... I will be OVER THE MOON if I ever do get PG ( it took us 18 years to fall PG for the 1st time ) but scared to death as well....

I feel like I am also running out of time

this whole process kinda gets me down sometimes

I am 35 and my husband and I started ttc after our wedding in Feb. (We have been together 6 yrs.) He is 5 yrs younger than me so and I wasn't ready earlier so that's why we waited. I fell pg after three cycles and mc at 8 wks in June. I got my first AF exactly 28 days after the mc. We are currently on a break. I am just not emotionally ready and physically I want to focus on losing 10lbs and working hard at the gym. Coping mechanism? :shrug:
We are going to Paris for a week in early September and would prefer to not be pg while there. Hoping to conceive then!

Kelster sorry it's horrible isn't it. I have felt quite down the last few days, happy cos AF finally came, but it's another reminder I am not pregnant! When I next see a BFP I will also be terrified, I think it's to be expected, unfortunately we will never have that happy innocent pregnancy most women have. :wacko:

Hope you get a sticky one real soon. :hugs:

Sofiya, after my last MC I felt the same, I wanted to lose 20 pounds, get more into gym, get my head sorted. However this all changed when my body convinced me I was preg again last week, it made me realise I just want to get on and try again this time. I am impatient, but I am starting to wonder how many will I have to lose until I get one that sticks? Or how long I can keep doing this? :growlmad:

Enjoy Paris, I am sure it will be wonderful!

Maybe these next months will finally be our time. :hugs:
:dust:

I'll be stalking your progress .. I SURELY hope for a stick bean for you tooo :hugs:

Hey girls, just went for a drink with OH. Upon walking to the bar, had to pass an obviously preggo lady with a big bump and smoking, oh and a toddler too.

Those kind of things REALLY depress me.....why does she get to be pregnant and show such a total disregard for the health and well being of the baby.

Bit upset after that. :growlmad:

I think I am having a hard time with this AF, it's like it's really rubbing it in my face that I am not pregnant. :cry:

God I am fed up with feeling like this. Sorry, been on a downer last few days, roll on estrogen and happy hormone time! :winkwink:

Hi Lucy,

I am in shock that there was a pregnant woman smoking! It beggars belief that this kind of thing is still happening when we are constantly reminded and armed with information that it is detrimental for your baby. How could anyone be so selfish!? It makes me angry :growlmad:

Oh well... I guess we can't live other people's lives for them. Just live inside your own bubble and be the person you want to be and don't take any notice of people like that...

I just want to say that I am in the exact same position as you. Two miscarriages and trying for No. 1 at the ripe ol' age of 37 :haha:

I miscarried only last week, so waiting until after my first AF before trying again.

I will be keeping an eye on you and hope that you get a BFP soon!

My cousin had her first when she was 38/39 so it is possible for us!

Good luck!:hugs:

Hi Cabbage, sorry to hear you are going through it again! I went through the second one 6 weeks ago, just to let you know it gets easier, but I would say the month after is the hardest, make sure you are ready b4 you go back to work or go see friends with babies. :hugs:

I should be Oving in about a week, have just finished first AF now, we have agreed to just try again straight away. It's more than likely third time lucky for all of us, though it's hard to see it that way when you are unlucky enough to lose two in a row! :growlmad:

I will keep a eye on you too, just look after yourself for now, I know it's the hardest time right now. :nope:

Thinking of you, but try and keep hopeful, it WILL happen for us. :kiss:
:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Age 36 - TTC#1

lost my daughter during 20 weeks of pregnancy last Aug, fell pregnant again in Dec but god has again taken away my 2nd little angel. So here i am still without a living child.

Now taking traditional chinese medicine, i was told my "chi" and blood is weak after my 2 losses. Now seeing imrprovement so hopefully god bless me with healthy pregnancy and babies this time.

So sorry to hear that shiseru. :hugs:

Hope you will have a healthy pregnancy the next time. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back