TTC/NTNP after ERPC

disneybelle25

Mummy to Sam Edward
Reaction score
Hey everyone
I know weveryone asks this question All the time and you are all probably sick of it:blush: but I had my erpc today and just wondered if it really is important to wait for af to arrive before we get down to ttc again?
Has anyone not waited and it been OK or the other way round? we are desperate to get going again as I actually found out I had miscarried on 1st July, tried medical management but it wasn't successful so then had to have a erpc to get rid of the rest of it so I have had a long time to get my head round it and grieve...what is your opinion??
I was thinking of doing a hpt after bleeding has stopped because I had heard that this is a good indicator of hcg levels. My hospital or epu will not do a follow up appointment for me unless the 'retained products' as they call it show up a problem so I'm pretty much left on my own. They had said they wanted to me to wait for af for dating purposes but that isn't enough of a reason to me lol! Also when I went for an u/s on Thursday 21st July, which highlighted the retained products, they saw my left ovary was very active and she said it would release an egg soon and was pleased to see my body was getting back to normal so quickly. Does that mean anything good?? If I'm about to ovulate surely my body is ready to try?
I had heard after a erpc that the lining of the womb is thinner so it needs time to build up but not sure if this is true??
Sorry if this has been answered somewhere else and if it has would really like to be shown as don't want people to relive it all if they don't have to, just keen to get some opinions
I just want to get my life back on track asap
Thank you
xxx:hugs:

I can't tell you if it's 100% safe or not but I am doing it! I can't bear to wait a month. However it doesn't look like I'm going to ovulate so nothing is likely to happen this cycle but we are BD whenever without protection.

From what I can gather there is no medical reason to wait and no proven higher risk of MC if you TTC straight away. I've read loads of stories on here from people with healthy pregnancies straight after MC. Some people say it's best to wait as your lining will be very thin, but if the lining isn't right the egg won't implant anyway. I notice your MC was an early one at 5 weeks so your body should recover quickly, someone with a much later loss would take longer to recover.

Personally if you have an egg there waiting to go, I'd get on it! :D

Yay that was the news I wanted to hear!! :happydance: my bleeding has stopped already and no cramps so going to leave it for tonight just to make sure and then start again tomorrow on our anniversary! Thanks Elhaym :flower:

I didnt wait after my miscarriage in June, and i got pregnant 4 weeks later but unfortunately i miscarried again.

There is no scientific reason as to why you should wait,infact with all the bleeding after a miscarriage, its probably a good time because your more cleared out (if you know what i mean)

I had a scan on both ovaries and everything was fine, a doctor told me to wait one cycle, but when your desparate for a baby you dont awit. My health visitor told me not to wait and do what i feel is best.

We have decided to forget about becoming pregnant, and relax about the whole thing. Im going to concentrate on getting healthy (i put a stone on with the twins) and concentrate on doing jobs in the house and if i get pregnant then sobeit.

Good luck xx

I'm so sorry for your losses mummy of ange. I have started bleeding again now :cry: so having to wait until that sorts itself out before we can make a decision! It's such a frustrating waiting game!

hopefully you wont bleed for long and you can get on to trying. I also haven't waited i couldn't bare to so your not alone. I'am more worried about it happening again but as elhaym says the egg wont stick if its not right. I also know a lady that ttc for 6yrs and eventualy had a son then went on to try again (5yrs of trying), the hospital decided to give her a d&c just to clean her out and she fell pregnant 2weeks later and had a happy healthy 9mths her daughter is now 6mnths so it can happen :hugs::hugs:

Sounds like there are many people who don't wait which is reassuring, just gotta stop bleeding now!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->