TTC, overweight and looking for a buddy for both journeys!

gea

Reaction score
Hi

I am 35 - nearly 36 - and we are TTC our first baby together. We both have two children from previous relationships - my DHs are 20 and 14, mine are 7 and 12. We would really like to have a baby together to complete our family. We have been trying most of 2011.

I am overweight by about 25 lbs, I am trying to make partial goals... so I don't feel so stressed about it. It is really hard for me to lose weight, regardless of what I eat and do in the exercise department, nothing happens!! I haven't been able to lose weight / have not gained any since my last pregnancy! I eat healthily most of the time, and have a little naughties once in a while. I am sure I can do better, but my DH is not so great on supporting in that department, so I am looking for help here ;)

I have just started taking AC, I take folic acid and B-vitamin complex. I don't drink coffee, but I do drink about 2-3 liters of cola light a week... (caffeine sin).

I am considering trying the LCHF principles but I tend to need to read up on stuff before I go onboard...

If you are also trying to conceive - struggle with weightloss ( I have 25 lbs to go - but my plan is to start by losing 7-10 lbs to see if it helps conceive!) - age is not important - and want a buddy! - then let me know - write - pm - anything :)

Babydust to all! :dust:

Hi

I am 35 - nearly 36 - and we are TTC our first baby together. We both have two children from previous relationships - my DHs are 20 and 14, mine are 7 and 12. We would really like to have a baby together to complete our family. We have been trying most of 2011.

I am overweight by about 25 lbs, I am trying to make partial goals... so I don't feel so stressed about it. It is really hard for me to lose weight, regardless of what I eat and do in the exercise department, nothing happens!! I haven't been able to lose weight / have not gained any since my last pregnancy! I eat healthily most of the time, and have a little naughties once in a while. I am sure I can do better, but my DH is not so great on supporting in that department, so I am looking for help here ;)

I have just started taking AC, I take folic acid and B-vitamin complex. I don't drink coffee, but I do drink about 2-3 liters of cola light a week... (caffeine sin).

I am considering trying the LCHF principles but I tend to need to read up on stuff before I go onboard...

If you are also trying to conceive - struggle with weightloss ( I have 25 lbs to go - but my plan is to start by losing 7-10 lbs to see if it helps conceive!) - age is not important - and want a buddy! - then let me know - write - pm - anything :)

Babydust to all! :dust:

Im TTC and overwight, dont know how much though lol! All i know is im "chunky" according to my mum !

Lmao

L xx

Im TTC and overwight, dont know how much though lol! All i know is im "chunky" according to my mum !

Lmao

L xx

Hi there Lauren :)

Chunky I've never heard of before ;) I am not really sure it is important to know by how much - it is best to go by how you feel... If I should go by numbers I am probably 35-40 lbs overweight instead of the 25 lbs. The 25 lbs I am not even sure about, because if I lose that weight I am back to my pre-baby weight - age 22-23. Now 15 yrs later - and 2 babies (and 4 pregnancies) - I am not sure my pre-baby weight is right for me... but will see! My pre-babyweight was - by standardmeasures - not normal either, but I could count my ribs and my collarbones stuck out a lot, so I guess my doctor was right saying I have massive bones - and a big head ha ha! My goal is to hit around 26-27 in BMI - I think that will be healthy for me. But I don't think I will reach that weight BEFORE getting pregnant (or at least I hope not, because it will take forever ;) ). I do on the other hand hope to lose up to 10 lbs before. 1 of them is of already - I have had my period for the last week or so, so my numbers haven't changed so far, but usually I gain a few lbs leading up to and during my period. Afterwards it seems I can change down a size in jeans etc :) So we'll see Wednesday (which is my weighing day).

How long have you been TTC? And what are your thoughts on weightloss?

:dust:

Lmao

L xx

Hi there Lauren :)

Chunky I've never heard of before ;) I am not really sure it is important to know by how much - it is best to go by how you feel... If I should go by numbers I am probably 35-40 lbs overweight instead of the 25 lbs. The 25 lbs I am not even sure about, because if I lose that weight I am back to my pre-baby weight - age 22-23. Now 15 yrs later - and 2 babies (and 4 pregnancies) - I am not sure my pre-baby weight is right for me... but will see! My pre-babyweight was - by standardmeasures - not normal either, but I could count my ribs and my collarbones stuck out a lot, so I guess my doctor was right saying I have massive bones - and a big head ha ha! My goal is to hit around 26-27 in BMI - I think that will be healthy for me. But I don't think I will reach that weight BEFORE getting pregnant (or at least I hope not, because it will take forever ;) ). I do on the other hand hope to lose up to 10 lbs before. 1 of them is of already - I have had my period for the last week or so, so my numbers haven't changed so far, but usually I gain a few lbs leading up to and during my period. Afterwards it seems I can change down a size in jeans etc :) So we'll see Wednesday (which is my weighing day).

How long have you been TTC? And what are your thoughts on weightloss?

:dust:

LOL! you are how you are :)

Me and Kevin have been TTC for about 6 months now...... bit stressful but on the plus side i think hes going to "pop the question" soon lol!

If im comfortable with the way i am then i am in no rush to loose weight.

After i got pregnant the pounds just started piling on, but after my miscarriage i have never been able to shed them unfortunatly.

I now have a Puppy (Alfie) who i need to run after all the time! so im sure it will start shedding soon without me even noticing lol.........hopefully!

Picking up the toilet rolls hes chewed to pieces all across my livingroom!

Just bought conceive plus so im gonna give that a go after my period, quite a few sucess stories with that :)

L xx

Hehe you are so right! Best to be the one you are :)

Sorry to hear about the MC - I hope you will conceive soon! Conceive plus? What does that have in it? In Sweden it is quite difficult to get all these kinds of supplements... think they are very strict regarding all that.. Denmark is the same (I come from Denmark but live in Sweden). When I lived in England (moved back to Denmark in 96, so it is long ago now) it was pretty easy to get different supplements for all kinds of things... natural as well as pharmaceutical. Is it still like that?

I hope he pops the question soon! A little romantic in the wintermonths... up to x-mas :) My husband had prepared me that he was going to ask me one day... I got sick of waiting and after an accident and a day in hospital, we got home and he was looking after me. I ended up writing in chocolate on my belly - if he would marry me...! He was over the moon and said yes! He is hopeless when it comes to getting himself together and doing that sort of thing.
Hope your husband-to-be is better than mine to get things done ;)

We don't have a dog as my husband is allergic, but 5 cats and my 2 boys living here - and a house that constantly needs renovating ;) It should keep me on my feet, but no matter how fast I run, the lbs don't shift... so far anyway! LOL

:dust: XX G

Hehe you are so right! Best to be the one you are :)

Sorry to hear about the MC - I hope you will conceive soon! Conceive plus? What does that have in it? In Sweden it is quite difficult to get all these kinds of supplements... think they are very strict regarding all that.. Denmark is the same (I come from Denmark but live in Sweden). When I lived in England (moved back to Denmark in 96, so it is long ago now) it was pretty easy to get different supplements for all kinds of things... natural as well as pharmaceutical. Is it still like that?

I hope he pops the question soon! A little romantic in the wintermonths... up to x-mas :) My husband had prepared me that he was going to ask me one day... I got sick of waiting and after an accident and a day in hospital, we got home and he was looking after me. I ended up writing in chocolate on my belly - if he would marry me...! He was over the moon and said yes! He is hopeless when it comes to getting himself together and doing that sort of thing.
Hope your husband-to-be is better than mine to get things done ;)

We don't have a dog as my husband is allergic, but 5 cats and my 2 boys living here - and a house that constantly needs renovating ;) It should keep me on my feet, but no matter how fast I run, the lbs don't shift... so far anyway! LOL

:dust: XX G

Lol!!! never heard thought of writting it in chocolate, i might ask him if he doesnt hurry up now lol!!!

i bought it on ebay it lubricant that nourishes sperm etc lol so hoping to give that a bash when it arrives.

Im originally from Germany but now live in Scotland..... have done for the past 13 years now.

Would you not be able aids on eBay and get the shipped through?

Im allergic to dogs too but we made sure we got a very short haired dog as we live in a flat as well so when hes out working i have company :)

L xx

L xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back