TTC & smear tests

Hollys_Twinny

Reaction score
Hello ladies :)

My name is Hayley, we've very recently decided to try for baby #2, had my coil removed 3 months ago and while at the appt I knew my smear date was approaching so asked the nurse if she could perform it early as we are looking into trying again, and I'd rather have it early than catch and have to wait over a year for one, she said no :shrug:

Fast forward to now (smear has completely slipped my mind) and its our first month of trying when the reminder drops through the letter box :dohh:

Just wondering if anyone has had any expierience with ttc & smears, does it interfere at all?

They are not suppose to do them more then once a year, unless if your having signs of infection or have recently changed partners I wouldn't worry about it.

Its all fine, i had one last month when ttc, i went straight after my period finushed & before ovulation just to make sure no issues etc & all was fine, funnily enough, when ttc my son, my smear was booked the week i found out i was pg, i ended up cancelling that & waiting until he was born :)

They will ask before the test whether you think there's any chance of being pregnant. They will ask when your last period was too. In the UK they won't do a s,ear test if there's ANY chance you could be pregnant; so if you've already ovulated I would hold off because there is a chance you could be pregnant.

Generally missing a smear test won't be a problem. They refused to do my test before I was 25, because that's the law, then I found out I was pregnant the month of my 25th birthday and I get the appointment through. Naturally I have to cancel it, and they just gave me a smear at my postpartum appointment the following year

Thanks, in wales its 18, I havent ovulated yet so Im going to see if they can squeeze me in this week as I dont ovulate until the 12th. I'd rather not wait a year as that would be 4 years since I had my last.

Thanks, in wales its 18, I havent ovulated yet so Im going to see if they can squeeze me in this week as I dont ovulate until the 12th. I'd rather not wait a year as that would be 4 years since I had my last.

Before ovulation should be fine :)

The whole Smear thing when '25ys+' should be scrapped, i personally believe it should be put back to after 3 yrs after you start having intercourse the first time. 18 is a good age especially as more girls these days start having sex younger X

Yes I agree 25 is a shocking age.

Rang the doctors today and explained my situation to the receptionist , she advised me that she will book me in for tomorrow but to not get my hopes up as she doesnt think the nurse will perform it even a day before the date Its due :dohh:
Bloody pathetic, I will go to the app as I dont understand the reason behind this at all? I'm not due to have it until the 19th which will be 5 days after ovulation so I really dont want to leave it until then. :growlmad:

Yes I agree 25 is a shocking age.

Rang the doctors today and explained my situation to the receptionist , she advised me that she will book me in for tomorrow but to not get my hopes up as she doesnt think the nurse will perform it even a day before the date Its due :dohh:
Bloody pathetic, I will go to the app as I dont understand the reason behind this at all? I'm not due to have it until the 19th which will be 5 days after ovulation so I really dont want to leave it until then. :growlmad:

They should just book you in surely?! Whenever ive had the reminder through the post, i just call up & they book it for nect available slot.. After ovulation may even be fine as implantation wont gappen until between days 6-12 if conception occurs.. Goid luck this month though yay ;)

:haha: I'm the same on my phone.
Will just have to wait and see tomorrow, not getting my hopes up though x

Smears actually do not interfere with pregnancy at all. They are done here routinely as part of your prenatal care. They try and do it before 24 weeks. So I'm not too sure why people think there is a problem with it? It's completely safe

Here in the uk, or atleast here in Wales they ask you if there may be any chance of pregnancy, they will not perform one if you are, they make you wait until after baby arrives.

I had my prenatal care in the UK up to 35 weeks. I was offered a pap smear by the gp when I was maybe 9 weeks or so. I guess it depends on the area maybe :) you would think it would be routine, but then again the NHS isn't very up to date

Well its done :)
Just have to wait for the results now :/ The nurse did ask if I could be pregnant, I asked why they ask this and she said its just that they wouldnt want to interfere if I was, also the smear can be done up to a month before the date its due.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->