TTC Temping and opk's (i thinkk) ???

JenniferS92

LTTTC #1
Reaction score
hey so im thinking of starting this whole temperature checking thing and
ovulation testing?

but where do you start? :shrug:
im really confused is temp taken orally of vaginally? ive heard people say oral and others vaginal? :dohh:

PLEASE HELP MEEE :thumbup:

I've been temping for 9 months now. I temp orally and use fertilityfriend to chart my temps. I've also just started using Ovufriend for charting too. My best advice for temping...try not to over analyze individual temp readings. You're looking for overall patterns. I was obsessed with my temp readings when I started temping and still get obsessive with my post-o temps!! :haha: You should take your temps around the same time each morning, but you'll figure out if an hour makes a difference. For example, during the week I get up at 6:15, but sleep in a little until around 7am on weekends, but I've learned that for me, my temps stay pretty much the same between 6am and 7am. So if you sleep in a little bit on weekends, etc then the first weekend you are temping wake up around your normal time and temp then go back to sleep and temp again when you usually wake up on weekends to see if there is a difference. And sometimes you might have odd readings...either really low (maybe you slept with your mouth open if you temp orally) or a higher temp (my cat was sleeping on me!).

I don't use opks because I haven't had much luck with them.

Good luck!!! I really like temping because i feel like it gives me some control and I can confirm that o did take place. I hope you find it helpful!!:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->