TTC w/recent ovarian cyst 'discovery'

sunshinyboots

Reaction score
hey everyone!

so i just found out that some bizarre symptoms last month could have been due to one of the four (yes, scarily four) cysts (one on each ovary, one in uterus) rupturing. without knowing that, my husband and i have been TTC and am wondering if what i'm experiencing is another cyst forming or rupturing, or did we get lucky? lol

prior to the cyst discovery i have felt what seems to be growing pains in my uterus (soft, gentle yet surprising twitches in my nether-region), but now i'm not sure if that was due to the cyst or if the cysts began as is often the case in the first trimester. i have been getting my period regularly though...le sigh.

it's 7 dpo and since yesterday i've had some mild-moderate bright red bleeding, mild cramps, bloating and today i've felt pretty meh in general. we bd 12 days ago (13 cd), 4 (cd 21), 3 (cd 22), and 2 (cd 21). lol. we're excited.

anyway, if anyone has any suggestions or advice that would be super. this bleeding (a full 7-8 days before AF) is annoying and so vague.

:thumbup:

no one else in the same boat...or have advice? went to a new gyno today and he said there was no reason to worry re: the cysts, and they wouldn't prevent us ttc, which is great news! just have to endure the 2ww :p though i can't say i'm very hopeful for this month!

I was in the emergency room with ruptured cysts last October and February. We conceived on the first try in June, so I wouldn't worry too much. I also have a history of PCOS. I lost about 25 pounds in the month before we tried to conceive by making healthy changes to what I eat. I still haven't been cleared for any significant physical activity, so it has all been a result of my diet changes. I have continued to lose weight throughout my first and second months of pregnancy-another 10 pounds. My doctor said that it is okay for me and normal for larger women in their first trimester-I probably won't gain any weight until my second trimester. I eat lots of fruit and veggies and I've backed way off the sugar. If I want a candy bar, I eat a clementine. If I want ice cream, I have watermelon. I also did this thing where I looked at a food and if it wasn't something I would eat during pregnancy then I considered it to be "baby poison". For some reason it worked for me.

So to summarize...
1. Don't worry. Women with PCOS get pregnant and it can happen somewhat easily (like it did for me).
2. If you want to reduce fertility problems, look at your BMI and try to figure out what you can do to safely drop a few percentages. PCOS occurs almost always in overweight women. I am 5'10 and weighed 310 pounds in April. I don't think that it's any coincidence that I had no trouble conceiving quickly after making healthy lifestyle changes. I didn't do weight watchers or anything like that...can't go to the gym or even take more than a 10 minute walk yet. Just more fruits and veggies. I'm healthier for the baby now, too.

I forgot to add: If you get regular periods and you have PCOS, I especially wouldn't worry. I think the fertility problems are associated with irregular periods, so you may not ovulate or you may have trouble figuring out when you are ovulating. If you aren't sure, try the digital ovulation predictor kits. They helped me figure out when I was most likely to ovulate and I didn't have to stress over a faint line or a bold line. :flower:

thanks Kissel! this is the first i've had cysts detected, so i'm hoping it's just a random incident (a girl can dream, right?). appreciate all the advice, and will definitely continue to get all my greens. i'm CD30 and 12 DPO according to my fertility calendar...AF is expected sunday, and she hasn't shown her usual signs yet, so who knows!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->