TTC while breastfeeding?

Caitie44

Shiny Spine Certified
Reaction score
Not actively TTC just yet (waiting a few months), however I plan on continuing breastfeeding until DD wants to stop... Which at the rate she's going, will be never. :haha: However, I don't want this to stop DH & I from TTC. I was wondering if any of you have tried to TTC while breastfeeding, or have any tips. I haven't began tracking to see if I've ovulated yet, as I haven't had my period since having DD, and I plan on buying a basal thermometer next week. I've had cramping and egg white like discharge, I guess I just need reassurance that this is possible.

:flower:Hello
We are ttc 2, I am breastfeeding my 14 month old a lot still, no signs of stopping anytime soon :haha:
Af started when he was around 8 months however my cycles were around 50/60 days!
Since we have been really ttc (March time) they have gone from 54 to 38 and currently cd 28, think I ov around cd 20/21 so seems to be getting back to normal. Only problem is I think my lp is only around 6/7 days so trying agnus-castus and seems to be working. Of course I'm not temping so might not of even ovulated yet :dohh:
All the reading I've done says 14 months is average for returning fertility although plenty of people have conceived before this time.
Sorry for the essay! But good luck :hugs:

Hey ladies :) Been BF DD for 11 months now (she turns 1 on Aug 14th) and had planned on properly TTCing from September after I had weaned her in the beginning of Sept. However... we had unprotected sex on CD8, thinking that it was WAY too early in the cycle to conceive and... I've since been having 2 major pregnancy symptoms - EWCM and very very vivid (often sexual) dreams! AF is due on 29th July but something tells me that she may never turn up! Not what we planned but it would be a welcome pregnancy :) I haven't decided whether to wait till I'm properly late or to test 1 week before AF is due... When do you guys plan on testing?

Hi my dd is nearly 2 and still bf to sleep I want her to self wean but think it will be a long wait. I fell pregnant when she was 17 months but lost at 10 weeks. I have a history of early miscarriages so I was half expecting it to happen. Af is currently8 days late but still negative test so time will tell. I have a couple of friends who tandem feed so it is definitely possible one of them fell pregnant before af returned. Good luck x

Hi ladies there is a thread full of wonderful supporting ladies that are bf'ing and NTNP/TTC

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/n...tfeeding-baby-not-preventing-another-494.html

Come over if you feel like :)
GL and I hope you catch your eggys xx :dust:

Thank you all for the replies! And I'll definitely check that link out! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->