TTC while extended BFing?

Casey3

Reaction score
Anyone here TTC while still BFing a toddler? My period will be normal for a few months and then randomly I'll skip one etc so my cycle is still not back to normal (not that it was 100% perfect before either lol). AF hasn't visited since August and for the first time in my life I actually want a period so I can get my cycle back on track lol.

Anyone with similar difficulties?

I didn't get my period back until DS2 was 18 months old and my cycles have been long and strange since then. We're TTA for the time being but I will tell you that I got pregnant while extended BFing DS1 (he was 19 months old at the time, that pregnancy ended in a m/c). So you definitely can do it!

When you are extended bfing it's normal to have no ovulation some cycles. It's one of the reasons bfers are more likely to have twins, since the following cycles often release more than one egg.

I'm TTC feeding my 21 month old, I conceived him whilst feeding a 14 month old with no problems but this time has been harder.

I had 3 normal cycles when my period came back and after that my luteal phase became a week and my progestrone I assume was/is rock bottom from all the prolactin

Have no experience as I'm currently TTC #1 and been doing so for a little over 1 year.

But I have read somewhere that breastfeeding (plus being in bodily contact a lot with your child) makes it harder to conceive as your body is geared to taking care of the child you have. But it's not impossible!

I found these articles on how to conceive while breastfeeding, hope they help:

https://naturalparentsnetwork.com/trying-to-conceive-while-breastfeeding/

https://www.babycentre.co.uk/x1013979/can-i-conceive-while-breastfeeding

me2 i am feeding my 20 months old sep7th i have positive ov test but af came 7 days later and 3 days ago another positive ov test so quite long cycles or i missed a month currently 3dpo i use ov tests everyday get a load off ebay cheap i still breastfeed quite a lot a few times in the night and a few times in the day if i am at work only after 2pm but weekends or hol its more i am hoping for a longer lp this month or a bfp :) good luck hun

TTC while BF my 16 month old here too :). I love hearing that twins thing! I don't want twins necessarily but I have terrible pregnancies and getting 2 babies for the price of one pregnancy would be a blessing (in disguise maybe? Haha). I had an mc a few weeks ago so I'm just waiting to stop bleeding and then get my first AF. Then hopefully we'll catch the eggy again quick!!

me2 i am feeding my 20 months old sep7th i have positive ov test but af came 7 days later and 3 days ago another positive ov test so quite long cycles or i missed a month currently 3dpo i use ov tests everyday get a load off ebay cheap i still breastfeed quite a lot a few times in the night and a few times in the day if i am at work only after 2pm but weekends or hol its more i am hoping for a longer lp this month or a bfp :) good luck hun

My AF has come 7 days after ovulation the last 6 cycles. It's so frustrating.
This month I night-weaned to see if it would help. We'll see if my period shows up today or tomorrow!

Emy have you taken a B vitamin supplement at all? I used that to extend my LP.

Yup been on vit B the last 4 cycles and vitex and progestrone cream.

Here's me 8dpo though! Last cycle I got AF overnight before 8dpo morning and the previous one I got it about 2pm 8dpo. The previous months were all on the 7th day and one before we started TTC was 6 days

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->