TTC with Clomid and no response

cinnamon99

Reaction score
Hi everyone
I wanted to know if anyone out there has been on a high dose of Clomid and not had any good results or poor response? If so would you mind sharing your exprerience and what happend?

I'm over 35 and ttc our second child and my periods are very irregular and erratic, so my Dr put me on 100mg of Clomid last cycle, but at the scans the follicles were only 7mm and then collapsed!!

I was really upset and the Dr said because i have low AMH and low ovarian reserve its because of that, but he wants me to try a higher dose on my next cycle- 150mg.

Does anyone have any thoughts about this?

I've just started taking DHEA and i take all the multivit's and Omega 3 oils etc.

My Dr said if we can get you to ovulate, then you stand in a better position of conceiving- but because my cycles are so erratic and irregular there is no knowing what length each cycle will bring each month and sometimes I ovulate and sometimes I don't.

Has anyone had any similar experiences or anything else they'd like to share about being on Clomid?

Many thanks!

Hi

Not sure if my experience will help (i'm 36, low AMH, thin lining); clomid didn't work well for me at all. I was also on 100 and all that happened each month was one big follicle (according to the ov test kits I was ovulating every month anyway so seemed pointless to go through all the side effects of clomid only to get one follicle!). Seemed to have further negative effect on my lining too. That IUI cycle didn't work.

This month we have done gonal F injections (done from day 2; I did 4 injections of them. Three large follicles on the scan this morning plus one smaller one that we're hoping didn't develop further (cycle would be canceled for IUI at 4 follicles). I have just done my Ovitrelle trigger shot tonight to induce ovulation for the IUI tomorrow. May be worth talking to your consultant about moving straight to gonal F injections instead if your response on the clomid is so poor.

Good luck! x

You could also try femara instead of clomid.
I know that femara works really well for women that are poor responders to clomid.

Hi there,

I'm on my 4th month of taking clomid & have had no luck. Technically I should be ovulating at some point this week so it could still work this month. Only time will tell I guess so we're keeping our fingers & toes crossed for our BFP.

Hugs x

My cycles are regular and I ovulate every month but I dont respond good to tamoxifen or clomid anymore, I am not sure if this is due to elevated FSH or what. :shrug:

Jules can i just ask did your lining improve on the injections?
I stopped ov-ing naturally after my last erpc so I was put on clomid, the first round hasn't worked. My lining was ridiculously thin at 3.1 and I bled for 3 days on my 'period'. I don't think I must have ovulated (my cbfm said peak but my opks were always negative). However the doc said there was a possible corpus luteum so I'm not sure what has happened!! I'm 32 and so frustrated with my body!!!

I totally understand how frustrating it is....

It did actually help a bit with the lining (although not as much as we'd hoped). I think the best that mine had ever got to right at ovulation was 5.9. With the injections it got to 6.5-6.7 (so borderline but certainly better). My consultant said that the number of follicles that were produced (4 for me on the day of the IUI) would also increase my estrogen levels (which would help with getting the lining thicker).

In terms of yours, at what point in your cycle is it showing at 3.1? Has this always been the case (I'm guessing not given you've had BFPs)?

It was 4.2 after my ERPC which is expected except this was 6 weeks after my ERPC with no signs of ovulation so my doc put me on clomid. 10 weeks after ERPC and clomid hadn't worked and my lining was ? but after 2.5 days of light light bleeding it was 3.1mm :shrug: I never detected an LH surge so I don't think the clomid worked. Now I am worried that the ERPC has done me some damage! Have you ever had an ERPC? Never had lining issues before - maybe my body just needs to settle? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->