ttc with spinal surgery, asthma, benign liver tumour and goitre

Angelicdragon

Reaction score
I think that's it. Not sure. I am fed up with life at the moment and wish I coould sleep until things ever got better.
I took an overdose of pills the other night but woke up the next morning, yes I am seeing a shrink just fed up with one thing after . all of which would seem to be permanently here to stay.
I had surgery on my back as a herniated disc had hernitated into into the spinal canal and was compressing the spinal cord .. don't ever complain about pain of childbirth again, at least with ctx you get a break between them.
I am on two drugs which help the most Endep and Lyrix. I tred to go off them and oh boy was quickly back them within in 2 days once the effects ahd worn out.
Soo if you see me stumbling downthe strret, I am not drunk, I have a morphine patch, enough pills to kock an elephant over and I am trying to love norally even affects myspelling, talking t, I find ti hard to fnd a word nd I give up correcting typos. Some of the nerves in my spial column were premannetnly dmaged but to what full extent we don;t know.
and winter is here, my fingers are also frozen lol.
I can't pivk up my little boy who is now 3 but I can sit and give him cuddles. so much I can't do but I canstill plnt out my seeds and hope they gro n their pots.
judy

I am so sorry things are not looking great for you at the moment, anyone would get depressed in this situation but looking at the bright side, you have a 3 year old son! that's more than I can say for myself still TTC for my first which is taking for ever... Among other things, I had benign liver tumour removed some years ago and doctors suspect that they may have messed up my right ovary or tube during this surgery so am scheduled for lap next week.

Sorry your going through this, it does sound like you have a lot on your plate so no wonder your feeling down. Hope you start to experience some more positive moments.

I am so sorry. I can't imagine. I wanted to ask if you are getting your thyroid levels in the normal range since u have a goiter. I learned recently that your hormones are regulated partly but your thyroid and that can throw off your hormone levels making it hard to get pregnant.

quick post script here, all my blood tests came back normal and nothing showed p as being odd with my thyroid levels, competely normal. Just to add wood to the on ire, my dad now as prostate cancer. He has agreed to have the surgery to remove it but it still not sure about the radiation.

Oh my dog! You really are going through hell. :nope: I haven't had these particular problems, but I know what it's like to have everything fall through the roof at once and it's the worst. I hope you have a good support system and that you'll look after yourself. Judging by your siggy, you have a big, beautiful family and I'm sure they love you and need you. :hugs:

Hi there,

Just thought I'd let you know that I had spinal surgery about a year and a half ago for a similar type of problem - cauda equina syndrome. I can understand the sort of pain that you've been enduring. I thought you might like to know that a year and a half later the pain is more occasional then regular and the nerve damage is beginning to repair itself. The doctors have assured me that it should not hamper my ability to conceive and carry a child. After much physio there is very little that I'm not able to do and I lift and carry my 5 year old all the time. It will get better. just thought I could put your mind a bit of ease on that one issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->