TTC with Thyroid Disease

FuzzyCaz

TTC#1 35+
Reaction score
Any call for a thread for those of us TTC with thyroid disease?

Personally, I'm 37, ttc#1 after a total thyroidectomy in May 2010 to remove a large, toxic multi-nodular goitre.
I was originally diagnosed as Hyper/Graves, and used to take varying doses of Neo-mercazole (Carbimazole - CBZ)...althought I guess technically I'm now Hypo/Graves. I'm currently on 150mg Eltroxin (Levothyroxin), and latests bloods (June '11) put my TSH at 0.32 (lower than I'd like) and FT4 at 20.1 (quite good for me).

Thyroid disease (both hypoT & hyperT) has well known associations with infertility, miscarriage, irregular cycles etc...so I thought somewhere where fellow thyroid sufferers can hang out and compare notes, compare symptoms and to generally chat specifically with other thyroid-ttc-ers would be kinda nice.

Anyone else?:flower:

Hi Fuzzy :flower:

I'm 35 (36 next month) and very recently diagnosed with subclinical hypothyroidism. Although the endo told me they wouldn't normally treat subclinical hypo, because we are ttc I've been put on a low dose of levothyroxine (50mcg) and have to have another test in 6 weeks. Have been told to put ttc on hold until my TSH levels get down to normal levels, so hoping the levothyroxine does the trick!

My last TSH levels were 6.9 and I had a high level of antibodies - I don't have the T4 numbers though. Must ask for all my results next time!

I have only just started treatment this week so waiting to see what happens. My GP thinks it might do the trick with our ttc - we've been actively trying for 1 year with a few months before then of NTNP - although OH's SA results were not quite as good as we'd have liked, so who knows?

Hi Sophie:flower:

We only got given the green-light to ttc in March of this year, up until then my Endocrinologist repeatedly told me not to, for varying reasons.....carbimazole does awful things in-utero, on surgeon's waiting-list for thyroidectomy, thyroid levels too unstable...etc....etc.

And I guess we've only been actively ttc for the last 2 months. But my GP advised, given my age and my medical history, to only try for 6 months before coming back to her for further investigation if no BFP.

I think I'd like my TSH to be higer, closer to 1.0...next bloods are due in September, so if its still low I might see if she'll let me decrease my Levo a little, just to tickle the TSH up a little.

i have a multinodular goitre. doctor says hes almost positive no further treatment is needed. going back on 7th september for check up. also says i have a slightly enlarged thyroid. ive been having palitations/hot flashes also so maybe this is due to my thyroid problem? also got told by 4 doctors i have anxiety so could be to due with my thyroid. going to doctors on tuesday also so maybe have a blood test because ive never had one through it all.

Hi tryin4baby :flower:

Fingers crossed your MNG doesn't need any further treatment - but make sure they (and you) keep an eye on it. If it changes at all, in both extrernal shape, or by how it feels in your neck (breathing, swallowing etc), bang their door down for more investigation.

Again, if you do have a goiter in your neck, IMHO don't let them fob you off with "no further treatment required" and then not bother keeping any eye on you in the future. The fact that you have the goitre is a clear sign that something isn't right, even if it doesn't apparently require any immediate treatment in the foreseeable future.

Mine was benign, but would go through spurts of growth every now and then.

Good luck with your blood tests, hope they give you some answers to your symptoms. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->