tubal ligation...possibly came undone?

kkdallaverde

Reaction score
hi i am 31 and had my tubal ligation about 7 months ago. i thought i was pregnant last month, but it ended up not being so. i really regret my decision. i want to have another baby and wasnt thinking ahead when i made my decision to go through with the surgery. a few days ago i felt a pop in the left lower quadrant and something moving and flailing around. could it be that my tube came undone? i know this seems like a long shot, but i cant find any other explanations y i would be feeling movement (no pain) in my lower abdomen. i had a period, both hpts and bloodwork were negative. my bowels are just fine. so it cant be that. and it wasnt gas. i know what that feels like. it was a feeling i couldnt even describe. i had an u/s so i know it wasnt a baby in there, unless its hiding (lol). any ideas? should i ask for an x-ray to see if theyre still intact?

i should also add that i am having very weird symptoms. emotional, tender breasts, sensitive nipples, bloated, gas, nausea and vomitting...and the general feeling of being pregnant, but i know im not? any help here would be great!

Tubal ligation is 99% effective, so there is that 1% chance that it came undone, this is not unheard of. The only way you can tell is with a laparoscopy or a hyysterosalpingogram (dye test). There is no way to tell at home.

If you are concerned the best option would really be to see your doctor, I'm so sorry that I can't help more, but that really seems like the best thing to do.

Edit: If you regret this decision, you can always have reversal surgery, 98% of patients have at least one tube that can be repaired. You would also need to talk to your doctor about that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->