Tubular hypoplastic breasts

Rach79

Reaction score
Hello,

I know this has been talked about before but I would really like to speak to someone currently breast feeding with this condition.

I have small boobs and although they haven't grown my nipples have and darkened and at stages they have been swollen so some changes have occurred. My healthcare providers have no knowledge of it which is very frustrating. Has anyone been prescribed any drugs to help with supply?

Over the years I have come to terms with my boobs not looking like others but devastated to find out that they are likely also not fit for purpose :nope: I am producing colostrum already but I believe most sufferers will produce this for first few days but the milk never follows.

I am in the UK, thanks for reading x

I'm not sure if I have tubular breasts but I'm tiny, a small A cup if I'm lucky lol. My boob didn't change much during pregnancy apart from my nipples were darker.

I was really worried about breastfeeding too since I was under the impression small boobs = minimal milk... But you know what, when my milk came in, I became massive, I rmb joking to my friend, saying who needs plastic surgery lol. After my supply regulated, I was back to a B-A cup.

I breastfed dd till 12 months, but from 6 months, I gave her a bottle of formula everyday to get her use the bottle, I just couldn't pump enough to gamble.... People tell you that supply = demand in bf and it's soo true! you need to have faith in yourself, and keep putting baby on even if you feel empty..

If you know you may have low supply, I would suggest pumping from day 1 to keep the supply up. I waited after 8 weeks, which is the recommended time frame, but I felt it was difficult to increase my supply after it's established and I really couldn't find extra time to put extra pumping session (coz dd was a terrible sleeper and napper :wacko:)

Also, the dr can prescribe Domperidone if there's a real supply issue.

Good luck! The girls on this forum are all fantastic to give you support, I don't think I could fb without bnb :flower:

Bunanie thanks for your response. May I ask did you suspect that you had this condition but it was never diagnosed? I hope my Dr will prescribe Domperidone but having no knowledge of condition he is reluctant to believe I will need it, I feel they are under the impression everyone can breastfeed and also doesn't seem that bothered with breastfeeding in general. Perhaps I need to find a more pro breast feeding doc.

Has anyone else had success?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->