Tummy Tub

Blah11

☼ Mummy to Amelie ☼
Reaction score
Anyone else think these are a bit... dodgy. I don't want to use the word cruel but idk how anyone could put their baby in a bucket to bathe them :|

My friend used one for the first 12weeks, she said it was brill, her LO didn't cry when being bathed because she felt enclosed like she was still in the womb,

I think as long as the child isn't too big they're alrite, also keeps all of them warm rather then part of their body being exposed to the chill x

Friend has the same basically what KACI says.

I've got a pic of Lauren in her own washing up bowl in the kitchen sink and also one of her in the tiny bathroom sink:rofl:

She was sooooooooo tiny that she was swamped in a baby bath and I found them too heavy anyway....not sure about a bucket though:rofl:

i saw those in mothercare, market ploy if you ask me, i used to put rosie in the sink bowl sometimes for quickness, easier on the back as well.

They've got raving reviews and they are more than just a bucket, the way they're shaped and stuff. A couple of my friends swear by them, so that's enough for me!

ooh i saw these, i thought they looked a bit odd like, didnt pay much attention though cos already had my bath :p

I posted about those a while ago... the pictures make me laugh

I hate those things :rofl: Good call on the washing up boel Hevs, been there, done that :rofl:

i think it looks weird but apparently babies love them!! its to mimic the womb and they feel safe (like a swadle blanket does).

Ooo is that one of them bucket looking baths?
Iv seen them on a few websites, And no offence to anybody whos got one, I would never use one. The baby looks all squashed in them, And how can you wash him/her properly when the limbs are all tangled?
Iv already braught the winnie the pooh bathing range from mothercare :)
XX

I personally don't like the look of em.....
each to their own though i say!

I can understand the whole mimicing the womb but I think it just looks SO awkward :| I'm nervous enough about bathing her without making it even more tricky.

I think they look so cute and snuggled in them lol we're getting one

I dont really think its any different to washing your baby in a washing up bowl or a bucket etc ... thats what they did in the old days, even 20 years ago when i was a baby i was washed in the kitchen sink.

I wouldnt buy one for the fact of how much it costs for basically a bucket lol, id buy one from the pound shop if i really wanted to wash my LO that way lol

I don't think I'd be forking out for a glorified bucket either! They've spent all that time scrunched up in the womb, let them experience a world without sides I say!

Im planning on doing the washing up bowl thing, they are so small at first and fit nicely into one.
The baby baths at hospital are no bigger than a washing up bowl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->