twin 1 coming home!

daisybby03

Mom of 3!
Reaction score
my daughter is coming home wednesday at just 7 weeks old and she was born 11 weeks early. i am terrified its still to early for her. she is doing great and takes all feeds by mouth and has been off oxygen for some time, i'm just nervous this is happening too fast.

my son is like 2 weeks behind her and still dropping his oxygen so he is staying.

:wacko:

Don't panic! They wouldn't let her come home if she wasn't ready. My first was 11 and a half weeks early, and came out as just he turned 35 weeks corrected so had 6-7 weeks in hopsital before he was turfed out. I was scared having such a tiny 3lb13oz person to look after but it was all ok!!! Enjoy having her home :)

Dont panic, as toothfairy said they would never let her home if she wasnt a well baby, i was told that girls are much stronger born prematurely than boys and she's obviously proving that by being a little fighter, hopefully your little boy wont be far behind x

Just checking in, so glad she is coming home, I know it's frightening. My boss had her daughter 3 months early and she came home on oxygen for a good couple months. You might feel she's not ready, but sounds to me like the doctor's think she is good to go. You'll get into your own routine quickly. xx

Thanks ladies! I cant believe the day is actually almost here. I have to stay the night on mother baby ward with her Tuesday night. Then she gets to come home Wednesday afternoon! Wish me luck:)

Just so you know the girls generally do better than the boys so nothing unusual about it. In my NICU they had a saying "whimpy white boys" for the little boys because they always did worse than the girls. Congrats and welcome to the sleepless nights.

Just so you know the girls generally do better than the boys so nothing unusual about it. In my NICU they had a saying "whimpy white boys" for the little boys because they always did worse than the girls. Congrats and welcome to the sleepless nights.

yup, they call them whimpy white boys too:)

Daisy- first off, congrats on your lovely babies!
i got lucky and got to bring the girls home 2 days apart- but it was SOO hard those 2 days to walk out with only one baby! :hug: just think of it as a trial run, then in a bit you can double up :winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->