Twin home birth?

Ajos

Reaction score
Hiya,
Has anyone had any experience, or even heard of a home birth of twins in the UK?
I was booked for a hb with my son but ended up with a hospital induction at 40+10 when my waters broke early :(
This time I thought I'd get a second chance but found out at scan it's twins and so will be classed at 'high risk' and under a consultant. I'm already worrying about hospitals, inductions, epidurals and caesareans etc, none of which I want :cry:

Yes we have a few twin home birthers on the Facebook group :)

When I had my birth debriefing with the senior midwife following my EMCS with DD she was telling me about all the positive experiences she'd had with VBACs.

One of them was a VBAC home birth of twins. (In the UK)

Birth went very well and both babies were delivered at home - perfectly healthy and mum was fine :thumbup:

I'm 14 weeks and no-one has spoken to me yet about my options. I just want to be informed. Any info/books/websites etc on twin homebirth VERY welcome please.

Hi , Congrats on the beginning of your wonderful journey.I am at the end of my pregnancy now but I can easily recall the beginning when I was making choices for how I wanted my prenatal care and birth to be. I recall feeling unsure. (I hope you do not mind a little of my thoughts as to what helped me).
I was always classed as "high risk" . I have even lost late term .After much thought and study I chose to to go away for ALL western medicine including the doctors. I have supported my entire pregnancy with the support of a midwife and a herbalist . Herbs , perfect eating habits and yoga has been the key for my pregnancy. I have not had ONE of the problems I have had in the past and we only have a few more weeks . For our family home birth and natural guiding with this pregnancy has took my pregnancy experience from bed rest to birthing at home. If you would like I will share more but I did not want to seem pushy. Hugs

Thank you BlessedMommie, I am trying to get as much info as possible, so anything you would like to share would be very much appreciated!
I am a very natural type, and am very anxious in medical settings. I am 29, healthy and active and don't have any medical issues. I haven't met the consultant yet, but from what I've read the twin route is classed as 'high risk' and so means a more (sometimes massively) medicalised labour and birth :(

It does have to mean a managed birth :) you just need to do your reaserch which you've already started :)

I can't find the facebook page for the homebirthers? Anyone send me a link please? (If it's really obvious, I'm blaming 2x babybrain!)

my midwife said to me, if your haveing twins you will be haveing them in the hospital, and i said. and what if i forget to tell you im im labour. n oops phone you when i need to push. she said, well theres that option. but you wont do that to me will you? lol. Tis up to you tho, it does happen! tell them hun, dont let them tell you. xx Good luck

A friend of ours gave birth at home in a birthing pool to twins at 38 weeks in the UK. I expect you will have to argue your case somewhat and be very firm about your preference, but it can be done if you are not high risk. :hugs:

It does seem to be that if you are pregnant with twins you have very little choice. You are classed as high risk, whatever your personal situation and so are under a consultant. From what we've been told, you don't get the usual choices even when in hospital (will be continually monitored/can't use pool/ drips in case need to speed up labour/ epidurals in case need to turn baby or have caesarean). All a bit too much intervention for me :(

The only way you can be forced to have interventions is if you're not deemed mentally capable to make your own decisions, you will be guilt tripped to hell and told you're going to cause your babies terrible danger if you opt for a home birth but my understanding is that you cannot be forced to go to the hospital unless they get to the point of sectioning you.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->