twins going to be here by nxt week 33 weeks

scottishchick

mum of 3 Boys xx
Reaction score
anyone got any experiences/stories they would like to share. Im getting sectioned maybe this friday or next friday at the latest, due to smaller twin not growing lately:( im 32+1 just now. What happens when you have them do you not get to see or hold them ? so scared just come as a bit of a shock, cant seem to prepare myself :(

It really depends on the health of the babies but often enough they are taken to special or intensive care right away. At 32 weeks I'm not totally sure what the procedure would be? Which hospital are you going to? There is a lot of scottish girls in this section so someone may be able to tell you based on that hospital. I was personally at RI in edin, they took LO to NICU and got her on a vent then they brought the incubator along for a quick peek, but i couldnt see really. After a few hours I got to see her and touch her hand. This was 27 weeks however, so at 32 weeks things may be a little easier than that.

Hi fellow scots :)

32-33 weeks is a good gestation and babies will need minimal help. Maybe slight breathing help at first as soon as they r born and when they r being monitored in the first few hours. If all is ok they may be breathing on their own and not need any further help after they have been looked over after birth.

U won't really know till they r here.

And if all is good they may only be in a few weeks and it will just be feeding they will need to work on.
Babies at this gestation is just about helping them finish developing rather than helping them survive, and they shouldn't have any lasting issues with being early.

Good luck, hope ur babies have a smooth easy nicu stay.

Erin came at 33+6 with only one of the steroid shots in me... needed a bit of oxygen just as she was born but was only in an incubator about half an hour after the birth. Main thing we had was feeding - she was tube fed two hourly to start, going onto three hourly shortly after that and then taking the time for her to learn to take a bottle (tried breastfeeding and it just wasn't happening)... we were in NNICU three days and out of hospital altogether within a fortnight.

The one thing we got heavily (well as heavily as you can be with one day's notice) forewarned about was the sheer number of people in the room as she was born - as well as the usual "mummy" bods, you had all of "team neo-natal" in there as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->