Two different scan results within two weeks?!

Matreshka

Reaction score
Good morning everyone! I am new to this lovely forum, but hope to stay for good!

In 2009 after laparoscopy I was suggested to TTC and had high chances. But my work got in the way and we decided to postpone this until 2011.

I now have the following dilemma, please give me some guidance.

After TTC for a year I did all the necessary hormone checks at my surgery (all was fine) and my GP referred me to a famous local fertility consultant. I went to see him on CD 22. He saw on the scan:
1) left ovary stuck behind the womb (endo?)
2) signs of polycystic ovary on my right ovary
3) posterior fibroid starting to impact on endometrium
4) right fallopian tube filled with liquid - i.e. might be blocked

He insists on Laparoscopy later on this year.

After reading around internet and encouraged by positive experiences of some friends, I decided to try HyCoSy at a private clinic in London. The idea behind it was to see if my tubes are clear but also to try and clear any minor blockages if any. So I went there on CD 11, one day before my Ovulation. Result: clear tubes.
This new consultant did the internal scan and spent longer time doing it than DR #1 and saw NOTHING from the list above. He said he wouldn't think of recommending Laparoscopy to me!

I am tormented now as to who to listen to and what to do. Why did I get so different results within just two weeks? I forgot to mention that very recently I completed the 3-month course of Chinese accupuncture+accupressure+herbs. Surely, it couldn't have changed things within just two weeks between the two scans?!

Could it be that doing these scans on two different days of my cycle could bring those opposite results?

Should I get a third opinion before agreeing to the Laparoscopy? If so, on which day of my cycle (if it matters) ?

Thank you all in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"