Two shows?

Sarahrei

Zoe P <3
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this?

About 4 weeks ago I had a bloody show, it was bloody, and nasty. No labour came of it, no contractions, and my doctor strongly believed that it was connected to a terrible cough that I had at the time.

Fast forward to 5 minutes ago, I go to the wash room and notice a little bit of brown discharge, also mucus, but only a tiny tiny amount. I'm due next Saturday, and my last show was so long ago I'm wondering if my plug grew back and is now shedding again? I've been exhausted all day, but baby is moving well and doesn't seem to be any different....

This happen to anyone else?

Oh and before it's suggested I can't phone my midwife, downside to moving to Canada I have a OBGYN, who I can phone, but I would rather not bother if nothing is going on.

I think it probably is your regenerated plug - and I'm with you on this, I hate to phone my midwife at everything!

It's very common for women to loose a bit of plug on multiple occasions, sometimes weeks apart. The plug can replace itself. It might mean labour is round the corner, but then labour might still bea few days away. You never can tell!

Good luck xx

Thank you ladies.

And yes, I am one of those "well, my leg is still holding on by like two inches of skin...I think I can tape it back on, so I'm not going to stress about it. The doctor is probably busy.."

All I can say is I thought I had lost all of my mucus plug before labor with my first baby (around 38 weeks). It was a lot of mucus/bloody stuff. A lot.

But this time.... *shudder* I can honestly not even believe the amount of crap that has come out of me. It came out for 3 days (Monday-Wednesday of this week). I seriously have no idea how all of that was in there. :shock: So much thick nasty bloody gunk. :sick: (And yes, baby is still in there & doing fine, lol!)

So, unless that much stuff came out a few weeks ago, I'd wager there's still some in there. :haha:

The amount that came out was....surprising?

I'd be very happy that if the rest that is in there comes out when I'm not looking LOL

Haha, it was so much I *almost* wish I had saved it all so I could measure it. Almost. :haha: I thought the amount I lost with my first was a bit surprising, but this time was about 4x that much. :huh: Maybe this was like some kind of freak thing, though. :shrug:

with my son I lost my mucus plug at 32 weeks... labor never came i was finally induced at 42 weeks... Its different for everyone but my plus is the only "labor sign" i had and it only happened once

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->