two wks since start of mc, positive opk???

kazimotto

Reaction score
hi girls, out of curiosity i did an opk today, only to find it came up strong positive. now i had my first bleed on 14 march (mothers day...how could i forget!!) and that turned out to be when i lost the baby, but i have only been heavy bleeding since 23rd march (last wed), is it poss that i am ov? i will be gutted if i am, since i am still bleeding and cant do the BD!! xx

It's probably actually detecting HCG that hasn't all made its way out of your system yet. The OPKs can detect HCG in addition to LH.

Hi Kazi

I wouldn't trust opk's 1st cycle post mc. Yes - could be hcg. could also be the LH hormone - it can do some crazy things first couple of cycles and give you false positives- some ladies don't ov the first cycle, some do. Yes - it could also be ov but impossible to track without your own private ultrasound following a mc I'm afraid - personally I would pass it off as a false positive - especially if you can't bd at the mo anyway.

Very sorry for your loss - hope your body gets back to normal soon.

hx

thanks ladies, i hope i get back to normal soon. its ridiculous, i am so annoyed if i have to miss ov, if it is that. i have such a huge need to get pg asap, as i am sure all other ladies do too having had mc. its like an urge i have no control over, its terrible! my hormones are still all over the place i know that, but the overall one just now is that i NEED to bd!! and i cant!! i am soooo needing to but cant its not fair!! xx

If you were not still bleeding I would say it was possible for it to be ovulation. I ov'd 18 days after my first miscarriage.

However 6 days after having Isabella I started using ov sticks and they were strong positives because I still had hcg in my system and they pick that up. Now that pg tests are neg so are the ovulation sticks - I want them to be positive now.

hi vickie, would there still be hcg in my system? the epu did pg test last wed and it was very faint positive, then i have bled immediately after that, passed heavy blood and clots on thurs/fri and now am still bleeding but lighter with no clots. i actually had the mc first bleed back on 14th march. what do u think? so sorry for ur loss xxx

hi vickie, would there still be hcg in my system? the epu did pg test last wed and it was very faint positive, then i have bled immediately after that, passed heavy blood and clots on thurs/fri and now am still bleeding but lighter with no clots. i actually had the mc first bleed back on 14th march. what do u think? so sorry for ur loss xxx

Hmm not sure then. I did a pg test that had a very faint line so I followed it up with a digi that said not pregnant. I knew then that when I get a positive ovulation test it will be that and not the hcg.

If it was very faint last Wednesday I would doubt that there was hcg in your system enough to give you a positive.

I felt I may be ovulating yesterday but was still spotting so looked it up and it does say that you can ovulate while still bleeding a bit but not sure how common that is.

Can you use a digi or even a cheapie to see if your pg are completely negative and then you will know it's no the hcg.

hi yeah i can prob get one to do. just been dreadin it to see the bfn but i suppose its the only way i will know! will keep u posted! xxx

hi yeah i can prob get one to do. just been dreadin it to see the bfn but i suppose its the only way i will know! will keep u posted! xxx

Oh I know what you mean. EVen though I wanted the hormone to be gone so i can try again it was still a kick in the teeth to see not pregnant come up - like I didn't know that already.

I totally understand what you said about needing to be preg now, I will like tht PLUS i am desperate to BD!!! I wish this bloody bleeding would stop. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->