tylers sick is it my fault?

kookie

pregnant with no 4
Reaction score
had a really bad night last night he was so unsettled kept coughing and struggling to breath through all the flem in his throat and chest it was terrible took him to dr this morning he has a chest infection very red throat and his glands are up dr put him on antibiotics i thought that breastfed bubs didnt get things like this is it my fault am i not eating well enough to keep him healthy?:cry:

:hugs: Its not your fault hon, babies do get ill even if you breastfeed. I'm sure he'll feel better soon :hugs:

My son is breastfed and I has barely been well since he was born. He has repeated coughs/colds and since Xmas has had an ear infection, chest infection, sickness bug and the usual colds etc all on top of having asthma. My daughter was breastfed and didn't get that poorly until she started formula when she was 10 months, she still hasn't had as many illnesses as DS.
Breastfeeding is best for your child, but it isn't a miracle cure or preventer of all illnesses. It's also good for your baby to get the odd ailment as it helps boost their immune system.
What you eat will not affect the quality of your breastmilk, just your own health :)

Relax, it's not your fault :)

thanx for your replies i feel much better now its just so sad seein my poor little man unwell but he still manages to give me his cheeky smiles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->